Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Soul Folks,

Just got the new Facelift Soul 2 CRDi Auto & it has a button on the dash Active ECO 1 which when on ilumintaes a green square with ECO within it. Nothing in the Manual about it but presume that it is to do with economy, but what does it actualy do ?

Any information would be a great help.

Thanks

Trevor

Have fun on the run

·
Registered
283 Posts
On the US version I had, it informs you that your driving style is economical. If you press hard on the accelerator it will go out. In other words you should always try o keep it lit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been on a "turn the active eco light off mission" & I am sorry to say I failed

I have tried putting my foot down, really hitting the pedal but no difference only a slight limiting in the acceleration !

What is it , what does it do, how does it do it & why ?

Any more idea's out there please.

Trevor

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just read in an american review that it "dulls throttle response to give better economy". If you switch it off (just above the radio) it should become more spritely.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
they reckon on the Auto tranny version that it changes up a gear earlier...... just as you would do in a manual if you were driving carefully.

·
Registered
283 Posts
There is a whole page dedicated to it in the hand book.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anchorman said:
There is a whole page dedicated to it in the hand book.
Hi Anchorman,

Nothing at all in my Handbook not even a mention let alone a whole page ?
No mention on instrument panel / dashboard diagram either?

Trevor

·
Registered
283 Posts
Oh - well here it is from the US hand book;

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thankyou for taking the time to provide this for me it is much apreciated Anchorman.

Trevor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts