Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone comment on the accuracy of my 1600 petrol 2008 CEED MPG indicator.

I have tried resetting itand the total mileage every fill, orleaving it over a couple of months but it doesntseem to givetrue indication of MPG when comparing it with miles run against full tank fillups.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Dave
Don't use the gizmos, fill it to the top of the filler on the tank, record the mileage, use over half the tank and top up as before and record the mieage and fuel used to fill up.

Do this for about 3 or 4 fill ups to give you an average MPG.

But it will not be any where near the figures published, Not this time of year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi DaveP,
There has been quite a lot of discussion lately on the accuracy of MPG indication by trip computers, especiallyin the Carens and Venga forums. My very limited experience (first tankfull in a Venga) shows the Instant MPG to be an excellent inclinometer. It varied from aound 15 to 20 uphill on a motorway at a steady 65MPH rising to 90+ downhill. It also wavers around a lot but that is not altogether unexpected.

Average MPG is another story. Mine seems to start off very lowrising to 65 or so as the car warms up before setling down to around the low 50's. This compares to49.7as measured by fuel used over miles travelled over3/4 of a tank. I suspect that the problem could be that the average MPG may reset itself periodically. The elapsed time certainly does reset after the igniition has been off for an hour or so, and it shouldn't.

Also the MPG implied by the indicatedmiles remaining doesn't make a lot of sense either so, as the man says, you had best rely on your own measurement until someone can figure out what makes these things tick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts