Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s rained heavily all day here in central Cheshire, and a post elsewhere got me looking again at my Optima Navigation manual, since I had nothing better to do. I realised that I had not appreciated speed camera locations could be displayed via TomTom Live Services, so I turned the feature on. Amongst other things an icon appeared on the map display left hand side of a camera with a + sign on it. So I touched it and up came a notice to indicate I had reported a new camera location. I assume this will be ignored, as the car was still on the drive.
You learn something new every day..........

·
Registered
288 Posts
It’s rained heavily all day here in central Cheshire, and a post elsewhere got me looking again at my Optima Navigation manual, since I had nothing better to do. I realised that I had not appreciated speed camera locations could be displayed via TomTom Live Services, so I turned the feature on. Amongst other things an icon appeared on the map display left hand side of a camera with a + sign on it. So I touched it and up came a notice to indicate I had reported a new camera location. I assume this will be ignored, as the car was still on the drive.
You learn something new every day..........
Actually I did something very similar on Waze the other day and accidentally reported gridlock outside my home!:crying:

Fortunately the false information I had created disappeared the following day.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I touched it and up came a notice to indicate I had reported a new camera location. I assume this will be ignored, as the car was still on the drive.
I seem to recall, 'Colr', that a subsequent press of the same button reverses the process. Have you tried that?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I touched it and up came a notice to indicate I had reported a new camera location. I assume this will be ignored, as the car was still on the drive.
I seem to recall, 'Colr', that a subsequent press of the same button reverses the process. Have you tried that?
Yes, and it reported it again!
On rereading the manual, I think you can report a non existent camera if it appears on the map, by touching it on the map, but I haven’t tried that feature yet.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
On rereading the manual, I think you can report a non existent camera if it appears on the map, by touching it on the map, but I haven’t tried that feature yet.
I remember when I did it, a few minutes later, the camera appeared on-screen on the road outside my home. Not seeing any obvious way to undo the mistake, I touched on the camera on screen, pressed the button again and a dialogue box appeared with a message that the camera would be deleted from that location but I can't remember whether that happened as quickly as it did after first putting it there. Certainly, it was gone the next time I used the car.

My mistake in the first place was in pressing the camera-reporting button when I should have hit the volume adjuster.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thank Colr for asking this question as its one I asked in the Carens forum back in February and has 115 views but no answers so you got the answer I was looking for. ?

Since then, and I only seen this last week for the first time, I notice the camera reporting icon while I was on the B3157 coast road in Dorset, a road that has a 50 MPH limit throughout but a hotspot for speeders, I noticed the satnav warning rang and the icon had a little “?” mark next to it. Is that asking me if the camera is still there as I assume its refers to mobile speed cameras because of no cameras present.

On my old Tom-Tom it used to display the text “is the camera still there” and two buttons display “yes or no” and you press the one that applies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts