Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Kia Ceed 1.4 first edition
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to pepup the acceleration response of CEED 1.4 as I find the car not as responsive as my last car, 1.4 tce Renault Megane?

Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
I'm sure you'll appreciate that tuning boxes might have consequences for your KIA warranty. Also, bear in mind that this forum has a presence by KIA Customer Services.

You might find it pick-ups better on 97 or 99 RON fuel.

Registered
I'm sure you'll appreciate that tuning boxes might have consequences for your KIA warranty. Also, bear in mind that this forum has a presence by KIA Customer Services.

You might find it pick-ups better on 97 or 99 RON fuel.
The Tuning Boxes are quickly and easily removable. Putting the ecu back to its original state.
That's why I enquired about it, instead of remapping the ECU, which obviously would be detectable and compromise the warranty.

Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
Agreed, but posting about it on public forum makes it detectable...

This recent thread makes sober reading for anyone thinking about fiddling with the mapping.

Reactions: Alanw47

Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
The use of a tuning box will most probably still be discernible in the ECU records as 'strange' historical settings, even if the box has been removed.

This video covers comparisons between some tuning boxes - using a dynamometer set up, so 'real world results', the results don't match the suppliers claims. Strongly recommend you watch the video and read the informative comments before making a purchase.
"Short summary if you want more power, these expensive tuning boxes are way overpriced for the gains you get."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.