Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to post video but cant find the option.
when turning on ac there is loud
noise (kind of grinding) coming from the hood, if i am driving and keep the ac on then a message say check the hybrid system and car wont run above 20mph . If keep only the fan on is fine there isnt any sound and the car is drivable.
anyone had same issue? what was the diagnostic? thanks for your help.

Super Moderator
Have heard of the check Hybrid warning. Best to take to dealer on this given you are near to Warranty mileage limit. So long as you have service records for 8 services. Given the 80K miles & Kia's 10,000 miles or 12 months whichever is 1st.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just realise that if i turn car on without start the engine no noise and ac seems to work properly then turn engine on loud noise in engine bay...just wonder if anyone else got same issue

Registered
Have heard of the check Hybrid warning. Best to take to dealer on this given you are near to Warranty mileage limit. So long as you have service records for 8 services. Given the 80K miles & Kia's 10,000 miles or 12 months whichever is 1st.

Given the 80K miles & Kai's 10,000 miles or 12 months whichever is 1st

Is this correct

Super Moderator

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cant be belt because car isndrivablr when ac off, also kia niro has electric compressor. also when driving with AC on engine light appears, those code not sure how realiable they are very starnge. just need to take the car back to uk at this point i think. fuse ? o2 sensor ? can i post video somehow in this forum?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts