Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the kia club I have bought a 2005 petrol sportage I have a horrible noise from the ac compressor can anyone confirm that I can cut the belt off on these ac does not work anyway

·
Registered
375 Posts
The AC compressor is not ON until the Electromagnet Clutch mechanism that mounts on the front of the compressor kicks in to engage the drive to the compressor, you manually activate this when you press AC ON in the cabin. If it is in fact the compressor that is making the racket & on assumption you don't drive with the AC on all the time then its most likely the Electro Magnet clutch that has stuck on leaving your AC Compression spinning all the time & eventually has snuffed the bearings in it. If this is the case you could get a cheap replacement from a breakers and install ensuring the electromagnet clutch is not stuck ON.
You cant cut the belt to the compressor as that belt ( if I am correct goes to the power steering and alternator also) mine is a 2.0 diesel and that is the way its setup. Without a VIN number I dont 100% know what way your is but if you look at the belt you will see what other dependencies there are on the belt.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If thats your belt lay out above then the ac belt only drives the ac so you will be fine to remove it. ( asuming that T is a tensioning pulley)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If thats your belt lay out above then the ac belt only drives the ac so you will be fine to remove it. ( asuming that T is a tensioning pulley)
Yh that's my set up I just wanted to be clear because before this car I had a hyundai tucson same year but diesel and it was one belt thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.