Kia Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks Crickleymal, I'm gonna have to look at these sensors. I don't even know where they are as I can't get an Haynes manual for the car.

·
Registered
331 Posts
On the hub there will be a toothed wheel, usually on the inboard side of the hub. The sensor will be bolted to a suspension component so that the face of the sensor is within a millimetre or so of the toothed wheel.
Automotive lighting Font Line Audio equipment Saw

There are other sorts which use a magnetic ring
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Adhesive Font

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
On the hub there will be a toothed wheel, usually on the inboard side of the hub. The sensor will be bolted to a suspension component so that the face of the sensor is within a millimetre or so of the toothed wheel.
View attachment 13150
There are other sorts which use a magnetic ring
View attachment 13151
Thanks for the diagram Malc, at least I know what to look for now. Why do Haynes not do a manual for the Picanto?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thanks for the diagram Malc, at least I know what to look for now. Why do Haynes not do a manual for the Picanto?
Search me. I have a Sorento, the only Haynes manual is for the American model and doesn't do diesel engines. Still it's useful for other mechanical bits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi again folks, I finally bought a fault reader yesterday. The chap I bought it off did the scanning and he said it were the front left speed sensor. He removed the fault but he said it will come back unless you replace the sensor, which it did the first time I stopped and got back in. Anyway thanks to every one who tried to sort it for me and those who suggested I buy a fault finder. It's an Autel MD802 Elite. I've been reading the manual and it might as well be in Chinese. Everything is DMC, OBD, JYH, MCDI. FFS!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
What happened to points that you could fix en route until you got home, or your girlfriends tights if your fan belt broke?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a workshop manual for my 2010 Picanto. I can't find a Haynes one anywhere and when I try to get a PDF version it's only one page of something or it says no such item here.

·
Registered
Stonic 1st Edition
1,279 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ha ha. I plugged the Autel into a nine volt wall wart that's been on my studio windowsill for over ten years and it took five minutes of messing to realise how to work it. Don't know what the stupid instruction book is for other than to wind the reader up to maximum.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts