Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I do apologise if this has been a topic in the past.
I am just about to buy a new Sportage after a lot of dithering, but have decided to take the plunge.
I am about to buy the car from a dealer 450 miles away, it was bought online, but was wondering if someone could enlighten me.
I live in Scotland and will pick up the car in south of England, in respect to the warranty, if I have any problems with the car would I have to take it back the 450 miles to get it sorted or can I take it to the local dealership to sort under warranty?
Also would or should a local dealership be happy to service it? Although I am likely to take it to a local mechanic as I believe it shouldn't affect warranty.
I appreciate any help in advance, pretty new to this car buying lark!
Dave

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Hi and welcome, another dealer will look at and service your car. If really uncertain call your nearest and state that your thinking of purchasing and will they honour the warranty etc.

I had my first two servicings carried out at the dealers but after finding out the cost of the third I had a mate do it. He owns a garage and sourced a KIA service pack from the dealers and saved me a few pounds !!!!
I've had warranty work undertaken since then :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Dave i am looking to buy one i have seen some great deals online and savings of £2500-£3000 compared to main dealer forcourt is that how you brought yours and is it simple any help would br great thanks ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.