Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am hesitating over buying an 07 plate 1.5 CRDI GS - only because I've never had one before. Car itself is immaculate, 07 with FSH and 15k on the clock. just hesitating as it doesn't have some of the creature comforts I have been used to in my Focus like electric mirrors etc. Would like an LX but can only find one in red which I don't like.

Car itself looks a bargain so interested to know if anyone else had been on a similar journey and whether they'd recommend changing?

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I took the plunge today and bought the Rio and hope I have done the right thing. I test drove it and could not believe how quick it was. Am looking forward to getting it later this week.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yeh I was well impressed when I took at test drive in mine. I've had it a year now its an 06 model and I still think its great to drive. I put a tuning box on mine and it does give a alot more torque than standard. The box I've got is adjustable but I only have it one turn up from base setting and its good enough for now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, picked the car up on Thursday and so far have been happy with it and also the service I got from the dealers.

Just one thing I have noticed and wondered if anyone can help. There is an occasional engine 'judder' akin to a cold petrol engine that appears from time to time. It tends to occur when, say, approaching a speed bump in second and I just take my foot off the gas - the car judders quite violently in a way I have up til now only known a petrol engine.

Anyone else had this or have any idea what it may be?

Otherwise the car is really beginning to grow on me and I feel I have got a real bargain here.

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
328 Posts
Paulq, congrats on your purchase.

Regarding the judder, I don't recall having this issue on my Diesel Rio.
You could get the dealer to look at this.

I do know that the pedals (accelerator namely) are quite sensitive and it took me a while to get used to how light they are.
Other reviews of the diesel Rio all state that stop start driving can be a bit 'peaky' at times.
I just prefer to let the torque drag the car along in stop start traffic.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Its a fly by wire throttle on the Rio diesel and is very sensitive. I get it sometimes if you are in a low gear. Not sure what the cure would be.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well done for taking the plunge.

i had a rio for 2 years and put 50000 miles on the clock and it never let me down once, only thing i had done was servicing and 4 new tyres.

i did a rather stupid thing and traded it in for a fiat panda which i hate with a passion, only had it for a week and went back to the kia dealer to see if they could help me out.

fingers, toes and anything else crossed that i can manage.

you saying about judder mine sometimes and i mean very rarely used to splutter if i caught it wrong, like slowing to a junction and putting the clutch in and out quick.

all in all a very good car and could more than keep up on any road and was often supprised but the amount of pull it had.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's great now. I still get the occasional judder but as I have adjusted to the car it's not as bad and I was probably contributing towards it. I'll be keeping the car a couple of years for sure as it just does the job I want. Then I'll probably trade up to a Ce'ed with a few more toys in it

·
Registered
15 Posts
2 months ago I swapped in an Astra CDX for a Rio 2 Diesel.

I don't regret it for a minute, there are a couple of bits of my old car I miss such as the remote locking, trip computer, electric mirrors.

But I look at it this way it's all sometihng else to go wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts