Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Stinger GTS Panthera Metal
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the new AAWireless this morning and have just tried it in my Kia Stinger. It seems to work just fine, although after switching off the car, the phone stays connected to the AAWireless WiFi for about five minutes until the car powers it down.

but so far I’m happy with it :)

here’s a video I shot on YouTube of it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
This is great. It's smaller than I thought. Was the box a kick starter? Are they now for general sale, and how much was it, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's on IndieGoGo, at AAWireless
I paid $75 including shipping - it took 10 days to reach me after despatch. I understand the price has gone up by $10 now due to them having to use a better chip because of shortages of the original chip.

·
Super Moderator
4,314 Posts
Nice video & good choice of music (y)

Waiting for a Kia upgrade on the 10.25 gen 5 system to have it running without extra's.

Reactions: suman

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been for the first proper drive in the car with wireless android auto and it works perfectly. The system takes about 30 seconds to connect and be ready to use from opening the driver's door. In practice that means by the time I'm settled in the car with my seat belt on, I don't have to wait long at all to press the Android auto button on the infotainment screen.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does it seem to use much extra battery compared to streaming music over bluetooth? One of the things I do like with it being wired is that you also get a charge but would be nice to connect without always having to use a cable. I'm not a massive fan of wireless charging in general as my phone always gets so hot on them. I'd imagine running Android Auto and charging on the pad would make it go into a meltdown haha.

Looks like a great bit of kit. If we had a USB port in the centre armrest it would be perfect to plug in and forget about.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Yeah. Wireless charging is slow too, so with the phone running AA over WIFI, would it actually charge or still slowly drain? USB in the armrest would have been perfect.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went on a long drive on Saturday and I had the phone on the wireless charger running waze, pocket casts and YouTube music. The phone was absolutely fine charging up and running AA wirelessly. It wasn't even too warm after several hours.

Reactions: dunc69
1 - 9 of 9 Posts