Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

Super Moderator
We have been able to do this since november last year.

79 pages to digest 馃お

Before you decide to update.
Depending on which head unit you have. You may be better to wait till the next update comes out soon?

Registered
Optima Sportwagon CRD 3 ISG DCT
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have been able to do this since november last year.

79 pages to digest 馃お

Before you decide to update.
Depending on which head unit you have. You may be better to wait till the next update comes out soon?
I've a 3 spec so would be worth waiting till the next update comes out.

My current updates is
Vehicle Gadget Personal luxury car Automotive exterior Font

Registered
2017 GT Line S 1.6 Petrol AWD
That's old. 2016. The software has changed a lot since then.
Much better media player now (in my opinion) and better sat nav.
Just the speed limit problem to sort for me.
If your car doesn't have a camera to pickup speed limits then there's no reason not to update now.

Reactions: Indalo

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As per above really.
If you look at software version. Last 6 numbers are a date. 161026 so that is 26-10-16

That is the version that has the most faults if you have a speed sign camera.

View attachment 15651
Oh so my current Software is way out of date then if 2016!!! So it's worth update now or is there a newer update on the way??

Super Moderator
There is usually a update April/May. But given the problems from the November 21 updates when self updating rolled out. It looks like they are doing more testing.
Fingers crossed they solve the issues for the users affected.

It really is up to you. If you do not use it for navigation in strange area's I would hold off.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is usually a update April/May. But given the problems from the November 21 updates when self updating rolled out. It looks like they are doing more testing.
Fingers crossed they solve the issues for the users affected.

It really is up to you. If you do not use it for navigation in strange area's I would hold off.
I usually use Google Maps via the Android Auto but am going abroad this summer to France so will probably use the Car Sat Nav so we then use Ipods etc for the Media so having a more up to date Media software update maybe useful plus it'll save my mobile data on my phone.

Registered
In my humble opinion, don't bother, see some other threads although some seem to prefer the completely changed maps I and others think they are garbage, the contrast of colours is really poor and not a patch on the previous ones.

I wish I had saved my 拢40.

Registered
2017 GT Line S 1.6 Petrol AWD
In my humble opinion the new maps and interface etc are far superior.
But I didn't pay 拢40 when updates have been free for the last 6 months.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In my humble opinion the new maps and interface etc are far superior.
But I didn't pay 拢40 when updates have been free for the last 6 months.

Did you do the update yourself or get it done by Kia?? I've bought an SD Card so may have a look and see if I can do the update myself. If it doesn't work I've got the original 2016 version.

Registered
The European updated software is on hold indefinitely, it was scheduled for April, then May - its since been pulled completely. I doubt we'll see an updated until Autum. The information about wireless updating has been removed from the Kia update Web page.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The European updated software is on hold indefinitely, it was scheduled for April, then May - its since been pulled completely. I doubt we'll see an updated until Autum. The information about wireless updating has been removed from the Kia update Web page.
So does that mean you can't get an update at all then being most recent or last latest update?? 馃

Super Moderator
Is this information from Kia, or your best guess?

Super Moderator
But kia have released a MY22 update for some cars 29-04-22.

All Kia have done is removed some of the notifications from the page.

Registered
One would hope that the new speed limiter ISA boxes due to be fitted in all new cars from this year even cars built for the UK market even though we do not have to accept this new EU regulation as we are no longer in the EU work better that Kia's software.

I have posted several times that the speed limit sign recognition in my car is dodgy to say the least. It has often missed the end of roadworks sign to say the speed limit has reverted back to 70mph and there is a road where I often travel down that has changed permanently from 40mph to 30mph coming from an already 30mph zone so there are no longer any 40mph signs so it must be going by the old map sofware on the satnav when it was 40mph.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
But kia have released a MY22 update for some cars 29-04-22.

All Kia have done is removed some of the notifications from the page.
So can you get this update from Kia then?? 馃 I was on the Kia website and it has provisions to download an update but it says depending on your model you may need a 64Gb SD Card/ USB stick. Just bought a 34Gb because that's what the guy on the video says you need!!!! 馃う鈥嶁檪锔忦煠︹嶁檪锔忦煠︹嶁檪锔

1 - 20 of 53 Posts