Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

Now, please dont judge me, Im new to kia ownership and have a 'special' pride

Now I know that most of you guys will not be into this but Im not a boy racer (please tell me a boy racer that wold choose a pride as a car)

I compete in a lot of uk sound off competitions and until recently was running a renault clio but that died and so in order to maintain my scores for the year I have had to aquire something else and this little beauty was going for the right price!

I hope you enjoy, and I will try and keep you all updated with how she does at the competitions remaining this year (I also plan on taking her to hamburd in october for the world finals)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Holy S**t Batman...................that's some instal

Sorry, where's my manners.......Hi and welcome to the club/forum.

Did you build the enclosure yourself, and if you did, how long did it take you/what's it made of?

What head unit/amps are you using. Are you using customfront door builds for mid and high frequency ranges? Any chance of some pic's of the rest of your system?

Sorry for soo many questions, i'm real nosey

Pleasedo keep us informed of your progress in the competitions.

Atb.....jamie.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey dude and cheers glad to be here.

I didnt do the install my self, as i mentioned my clio died and this was forsale fully built for the right price but i know the man that did.

Its mdf and steel and lots of filler

it took him quote a bit of time in the evenings working on it.

the subs that are there will probably be upgraded soon as the amps I have 2 x powerbass 3000ds) will supply a total of 6kwrms and i dont think they will take it. i will either be putting in 6 other beefyier subs or changing the front of the box to fit a pair of 18" subs that I already have

The HU is JVC AVX33 and I have to build a front speaker system i have 8 8" pa mids and 6 tweeters to install in the front

this is a few pics of the install in the clio all the equipment you see (inc batteries) is being transfered to this

·
Registered
100 Posts
Awesome matey.........looks like you got a load of work to do to get the Kia ready for competition though. You must have to plan the space pretty accurately to get it all in, on the bright side though, there's not much chance of anything moving whilst you're driving.
Good luck, and if poss some piccies of the completed Kia build would be great......

Atb.....jamie.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im part way through finishing the install now - got a competition next sunday - a friend of mine managed to fit a 150a vw alt to it today that was not a pretty job!

should do 153+ very soon

·
Registered
100 Posts
That should help keep all those batteries charged, keep at it, and good luck for sunday........jamie.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car did a 154.4 db Im well chuffed!

any info about stiffer springs for the back would be useful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts