Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have often sl*gged my Tempest off for poor performance..... but at 17k it suddenly came alive, now at 19k it is quite literally romping up hills, and 3rd gear for overtaking is fab - it pulls like a train. Funnily enough over the same time period i have stopped using supermarket fuel and now use Shell. I wonder if i have a combination of factors causing this improvement?.......good fuel and a properly run in engine?. This is how i expected the car to perform..... its about flaming time!.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I won't use supermarket fuel ( unless I get deperate) & then don't always fill up . but there is a huge difference in the range you get from supermarkets & normal suppliers .

My friend who's a Mechanic says that some of the super markets use cheap Russian fuel that has additives put in it to make it work in our vehicles & hence why the difference . In my last vehicle the difference was over 100 miles less on a supermarket tank compaired to a tank filled at the Total garage near me .

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had a Freelander before & it drank thediesel anyway , but its seemed to go through the supermarket fuel like I was driving a V6 petrol .

I have noticed with mine , with just me in or with passengers its still goes well & have no issues withacceleration / overtaking . It sounds like in time it will get even better .
Edited by: Raider

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I still think that super matket fuel is ok, it's all made to aspec which is set and tested on a regular basis, my Tempest has got over 19k on it and has had plenty of go in it for some time now.I have seen the same fuel go into all types of tankers so I don't think there is any significant difference between makes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts