Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been on the Bandit all day today (fixing boilers) and I had a few pant staining moments. The roads looked dry but boy oh boy they felt a little greasy. Did a massive slide out of a long right hander, then the rear gripped and the front lifted, scary but fun LOL.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Quarter turn throttle, new michelin power one track tires 99bhpon a 108kg bike, damp road.....never again! when the black stuffs moist...the bike stays in the garage...i know, i'm a pu**y!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Pilot Road 2 on the front and a Power 2CT on the rear, always go for a softer tyre in the winter

·
Registered
536 Posts
Sorry 118kg. my Rvf400 well RVF450 really. the person i brought it of had every imagineable thing dont to the engine, HRC ECU, full titanium exhaust, titanium valves, g-force pistons http://akhara.com/nc30/pistonrod1/index.html, jet kit (hate carbs!) shallow oil filter as they are a pain to change, all magnesium engine casings, carbon "ram" effect airbox, total loss wiring loom, gas flowwed head and quietning gears removedthe lot. Plastic tank.Then when i got it decided to do away with all the road going bits, lights rear subframe ect and used the old tyga kit pannels as a base to make molds for my own slimmer set. Few months later and carbon ones were fitted.Along with magnesium wheelstotal weight saving over stock 47kg! the fiber glass orginals weigh a tonne as well as the box steel subframe. i never touched the engine myself but carbs were out of ballance last year so took it to RLR motorsport who prepared John McGuinness's 2003 tt winning RVF400. after runing it they had 19hp less that what they on the TT bike so that must have been a monster!
its a track only bike though, its just not rideableon the road not thanks to short inlet trumpets.. all the power is up top. oh yeah a REAL 17500 redline!Having to pre heat the engine is a pain toand running a total loss loom means when the batterys flat..thats it. Not taken it out at all this year. i envy not having a simple bike! got a standard Rvf400 also but not ran that for a couple of years now. just totally lost interest as ones to fast and the other to slow. thinking of shopping in both for a CBR600RR.
Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
536 Posts
yeah sure there over in the 4wheels good, 2 wheel better thread in chit chat. white/red my road (still33bhp restricted if my memory serves me right) and the blue one is pre-bodywork change. if i get a dry day i'll have to take a more recent pic. all respect to you though, torquey bike like a bandit in the weather we've been having, braver man than me. you ever go any big bike nights? Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats one thing I'm not, a fair weather rider LOL. Ride all year round in all conditions. Recon I must do about 1000 miles a month. I go to the Ace cafe now and again and down to Box Hill.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I take me hat off to you Bandit riding in all conditions. I use to do that cos I only had a bike back in my teens in the 70s. I can remember going to my work on my GT250 with feet down in the snow for about 8 miles. Now I prefer the car in the winter months. Look forward to the spring to crack open the Busa.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My username only allows me to ride a 28 year old Silverwing......................

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
davy said:
I take me hat off to you Bandit riding in all conditions. I use to do that cos I only had a bike back in my teens in the 70s. I can remember going to my work on my GT250 with feet down in the snow for about 8 miles. Now I prefer the car in the winter months. Look forward to the spring to crack open the Busa.

It has to be done Davy LOL. Any way I thought you guys in Scotland eat girders LOL. I remember riding to Scotland one year in the middle of winter on a GPz600r and I can tell you that was a test of endurance LOL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts