Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Possibly having a couple of issues with my Cee'd LS (2007).

Firstly , did a Trip down to Birmingham yesterday, about 140 miles, mostly motorway, trying to do 70 and anticipate traffic, we reset the trip computer on route and I was getting an average of about 48mpg, which if correct is ridiculous!

I've also noticed recently she's not as responsive as she should be, and the power delivery is a bit inconsistent and sometimes downright lumpy. It also has a really bad judder when trying to drive at lower revs.

Does anyone know if this is due to a known fault, my first thought was maybe the Turbo is on the way out.

Next thing is a couple of random noises from the cabin,

Firstly a low pitch squeak coming from the steering column when I'm turning the wheel, anyone experienced this and have a fix?

A loud consistent vibration/rattle noise coming from the Passenger side front door area, only does it when I'm driving and usually when there's no passengers in, so locating it is rather difficult as you can imagine. Again, anyone had the same thing and have a fix.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

·
Registered
96 Posts
i had the same problem with loss of power tock it back to kia and it was down to needing a new turbo update. car drives fine now

·
Registered
226 Posts
FYI, my fuel computer has always been within 5% of actual on all fill ups over the last year.

The power delivery issue may be an issue with air intake in the pipes or software (I had a similar thing on a previous car and it was a small hole in a turbo intercooler pipe).

The rattle maybe from the seat if it goes away when a passenger sits on it.

Personally I would expect more tha 48mpg on such a trip. But winter diesel and cold temperatures wont help (assuming its a diesel, you dont say, but a turbo would suggest it is)

·
Registered
437 Posts
Like thunderbird said ignore the fuel/trip computer, they are not very accurate,
As steveji said, get your dealer to check for ECU update for the turbo (plus any other updates required)

Reference the squeak, try squeezing the cowling around the steering column and steering wheel and see if it makes the same noise, if its not that noise then see if the column twists slightly as you turn the wheel then it will be down to broken welds on dashboard cross brace.

Reference the rattling on passenger side, whilst driving with no one in passenger seat just hold the seat belt buckle away from the centre console, if rattling stops, put your hand between the two and just push (with some force) the buckle away from the centre console and try again to make sure rattle has gone.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Mr. Cee'D said:
I've also noticed recently she's not as responsive as she should be, and the power delivery is a bit inconsistent and sometimes downright lumpy. It also has a really bad judder when trying to drive at lower revs.
1600rpm, 50mph in 5th?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts