Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have just purchased a Sportage Xe- due to be picked up in february. Its the diesel 4wd version, and I found that Kia represented the best value for money we could find.

I've been a Landrover owner for a long time now and am totally and utterly fed up of them- my Range Rover has been off the road for 6 weeks, critically over the icy and snowy period and previously my one before that was off the road with a mystery fault when my wife was due to give birth in snowy February '07.

So no more Land rovers, am hoping for great things from my new Kia!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi johnmac
welcome to the forum, I was a landrover man my self for 14 years 3 x discoveries, like you said enough is enough, my last one cost me 2.5k over 3 years, did the green laning bit and rougher stuff for pleasure, got fed up with gear box poblems, diesel pumps, transfer boxes and the like, Got a carens now, Got the family growing up now need reliability and economy.
no more lying in the sh*t in the sh*t if you know whay i mean
once again welcome
col

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent! A fellow sufferer. I had to lie in the snow for HOURS fixing a starter motor on my last but one landy whilst the Mrs was due to drop. Not good. And this time, just as the snow and ice came on the Rangy died with some vague fuel fault. Turned out to be a pump/sender issue. Anyway, we have had snow and ice and all sorts and THE VERY DAY it all went away the garage phoned to say the Rangy's fixed. Deffo Enough of the green oval.

Hows yours off road- am only looking at pulling a trailer up forestry tracks to collect logs- my offroading days are over!

·
Registered
72 Posts
hi johnmac
not a 4x4 its an estate car i suppose, ticked all the right boxes for now, its an ok car not great but just ok to be fair, There are better and suppose worst out there but it does us, no major problems so far brakes are a BIND occasionally, Reasonable on fuel 2.0 diesel, Starts, stops thats about it,
We have a caravan 950kg pulls it a treat, Down sized that when we ditched the 300 dizzy too,
I think you will be pleased with your purchase a capable vehicle from what i have read, happy motoring, as for the green oval to be honest if i won the lottery i would be banging on landrovers show room doors the next day, Once bitten and your hooked im sure you feel the same way had ours have been as reliable as far eastern vehicles,
Spent seven years in the engineers and they were a working tool for me,
any how all the best chap catch you again
col

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi Johnmac and welcome.
I have had my Sportage for about 3 months and the last week or so it has done what it say's on the can, even being a 2WD auto, not a problem with the snow, feels really sure footed.

Desiel starts well and the heating system works great.

I was a Toyota man for 12 years so the Sportage has a lot to live up too, but so far all good.

Hope you have the same experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking forward to picking the car up- its due on 14th Feb. Went out this morning, after a night of heavy rain, and found the Range Rover full of water.... yet another fault, a leak from somehwere AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHH.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts