Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon folks,
I wonder if someone with experience can give me some guidance please. Appreciate this isn't an exact science, but what's the opinion on how long will a 3 1.6 petrol battery last when parked up, before the parasytic drain (alarm etc.) means that it's too flat to start. What sort of battery charger is safe to use with these batteries and, if it comes to it, can I jump it off with a battery pack. (I have one for my classic mini....). Clearly, I don't want to blow every sensor/fuse by messing.Thanks for your help, David.

Super Moderator
You should be looking at weeks before it gets to a non start state.

Personally unless we get totally locked down. I will use mine once every 2 weeks for a trip for shopping. Or even a trip round the block, just to keep it free.
Mine often spends a week doing nothing, as daughters car gets parked in front and I CBA to swap them over 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for your replies. It seems I have nothing to worry about and a motivating blast down the M.way, every couple of weeks (whilst I can), will sort the issue.
"You can put the Car into 'Storage Mode' Manual refers to more than 1 Month". Well that one passed me by. Maybe with plenty of time on my hands I should reread the manual :).
Cheers! All the best everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts