Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ceed is coming on for two years old now and I am still very happy with it! I have done 50 000KM so about 31 000 Miles. Today I switched on my A/C as the weather was warm, but the A/C did not work, the light came on to say that the system was on, but the air did not get colder! I will call the garage tomorrow but am wondering if this is covered by the warranty? Has anybody else had any issues with the A/C?Thanks!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Is your ventilation system manual or automatic? With automatic the AC is not on all the time the light is on because the sysem is meant to blend AC & heater.

I have an older model to yours where the auto system is completely useless. AC certainly functions mechanically (when selecting demist or LO) but the system just defaults to hot & stuffy. I got the impression the newer cars were ok.

·
Registered
326 Posts
If it needs re gassing the warranty won't cover it , but the good news is you can do it yourself. I've re gassed the air con on my old rover 45with a kit off e bay . Cost me 45 quid, for that I got 2 gas refills , only needed one and air con was ice cold again . That was3 years ago and air con was still working last summer up to when I got the Kia in November . Still got the other gas cannister and gauge / valve so I can do another regas when I need to , it's quite easy and comes with full instructions .

·
Registered
536 Posts
Had a quick look in the service book and regas is part of the 36month service..if needed. (but chargeable)With your car being quite new though is could have a small leak maybe which would be covered under warranty unless it's general wear and tear, although again, very suspicious with the car being young. If Kia dont try steeling you for big money for a regas at a service let them do it for you, at least they can stamp your book to say its been done. If kia's want to charge you a fortune though, do as andy said and give it ago yourself. The gasis 134a and is used in inhalers and airguns so won't kill you if you mess up. It's around £10 on its own for .5lt but it's the adapter you pay for. If your desperate and can't wait halfords used to sell the kits but will be pricey. Either way it's still worth having the dealer look over it, you may regas it and it all leak out again! Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
86 Posts
Kwik fit do a regas service, The machine they use is fully automatic so they can't get it wrong. If there is no improvement nofee is chargedbut the machine will not do a regas if it detects a leak during its test cycle.

Edited by: deeps

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks so much for all the Information!
I took it to the garage and they regassed it but said there must be a leak so added a dye to it, I will take it back in one week to see where the leak is! They said it will be a warranty issue with a replacement car thrown in for free! So I am very happy indeed!
Thanks again to you guys who have replied!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts