Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do Motability INSIST that the dealer waits for FOUR days from reciept of the car from stock to allowing the customer to collect it?A Genuine question, because we have been told that is the case.

And yes I do realise that they need time to valet / register etc.
Tony.

Edited by: tonic110

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi,

Not heard that specifically, but my dealer is getting the car a week before handing it over. I'm assuming (silly thing to do) that this has to do with delivery schedules to the dealer and the end of the current contract +1 day. I.e. our contract ends on 7 Nov so we can't pick up the new car until 8 Nov. It also gives them time for the PDI and other prep work.
The time may also be due to the need to register everything with Motability and for Motability to pass on details to Gov agencies(?).

Edited by: JimT506

·
Administrator
8,052 Posts
tonic110 said:
Do Motability INSIST that the dealer waits for FOUR days from reciept of the car from stock to allowing the customer to collect it?A Genuine question, because we have been told that is the case.

And yes I do realise that they need time to valet / register etc.
Tony.
I know exactly why there's a four day wait and why they insist it's abided by as my Dad spoke to Motability operations last month about it when he was awaiting delivery of his new Kuga.

It's to give Motabilitys insurance provider notice of the change from your current car to the new car.

In essence you wouldn't be insured on your new car if collected under the four day period hence the dealer can't let you have it until those four days have passed.

PaulEdited by: Uvox2

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I don't doubt it, but how crazy. When I change car I ring my insurer and it's all done in less than 10 minutes. I thought that this was 2017 not 1950. Do they call it progress?

·
Administrator
8,052 Posts
Lancelot1937 said:
I don't doubt it, but how crazy.  When I change car I ring my insurer and it's all done in less than 10 minutes.  I thought that this was 2017 not 1950.  Do they call it progress?
Your dealing one on one with your insurer however whereas Motability has over 600,000 vehicles in its fleet to contend with and insure correctly.

Paul

·
Administrator
8,052 Posts
tonic110 said:
Thank you for the replies folks 
  Our car was delivered to the Dealer on the 15th and we collect it onSaturday @ 1pm. Still gonna miss the old car though (Volvo S60 D5 )
Tony.
You haven't told us what new Kia your picking up Saturday yet.

I'm guessing a Venga....

Paul Edited by: Uvox2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.