Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 2005 kia sedona. the problem is when i drive down the motorway the ABS light comes on. it will stay on till i turn off the engine. when i start it again it is on but will go off when i start moving. it will stay of for a bit then come on again. any ideas on what it can be and how it can be sorted

thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
hi shelty check all your conections first ,behind the hubs you will see a wire then a plug with an 8mm bolt check theyre not loose or dirty check wires for damage follow the wires back into the engine bay for cuts or worn bits this is the easy part do this before you go any further bud.

·
Registered
702 Posts
corcaighbhoy said:
hi shelty check all your conections first ,behind the hubs you will see a wire then a plug with an 8mm bolt check theyre not loose or dirty check wires for damage follow the wires back into the engine bay for cuts or worn bits this is the easy part do this before you go any further bud.
Check its square to the hub, normally the sensor is aluminum and it reacts with hub causing the sesor to try to liftaway from the hub on an angle. Failing that check the toothed ring has not got a tooth missing or gumed up. I would assume its one of the front sensors as these normally brake down due to the heat created with constant braking

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi

had this also happen to me on the motorway. took it straight to my local parts shop as they are really good and dont charge for info.

they checked my brake fluid found it was leaking slightly topped it up.
ABS LIGHT WENT OFF.

Week later same thing happenend knew then what i was looking for checked pipes and discovered a slight split renewed pipe bled breakes everything ok -cost £15 with two bottles of break fluid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts