Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did my first full charge overnight at home with my new 7kw wall charger, Easee one in Black, the charge cost me £11-12 on £0.1674p per KW (bad? not bad? better than petrol for sure!!!!!)! I can't get a cheap tariff just now with the energy issues in the UK.. so 16p it is for now.

So, the RWD GT Line with heat pump is now seeing 310 miles range or so it says at 100%!, scheduled the car to defrost and AC to come on for 20mins this morning before I left, was cold at 6am and ice covered the cars outside range went down to 265 miles while doing so, after the cycle was completed at 6am the range jumped back to 310 miles when I drove the car.

Today I didn't put the heating on as normal, the heating button remained off and bloody heat came out with temp set to 23 degrees win!. 8 degrees here today in Scotland after the morning ice has gone, so no ice/winter conditions as it was last week and the car was in the sun all morning. Possibly a glimpse of what spring-summer will look like, 300+ miles?. The thing is, in winter, we need the heating on, but this drops range instantly by 30/40miles, I usually heat the cabin up, turn it off, repeat!

I've not been driving like miss daisy either and of course with the heating on and off (sometimes it is needed as turning heating to say 25 degrees sometimes works.... sometimes not so pump the heating button on for 10mins).... so the dealers charge on my car from new was 100%, this lasted 246miles since Friday past. If I drive normally on public roads, not doing 0-60 sprints on quiet country roads and dropping Audis/BMWs at the lights (just once for fun)... I might be able to get more out of a 100% charge, well over 250 for sure which is my goal, 250+, dont anticipate driving like a loon in the EV6, it is a weapon!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Update.....The first week I got my Car/GOM was always showing 301-304 miles range at 100% battery, now after a month or so its dropped to 250...some times 270miles range on 100%, real world miles shows around 240-250miles with mild heating on. So the car is learning about my driving it seems. Its purely estimated by the car.. here's the thing..

The main issue for me is, even when I am driving carefully and reaching 4.x - 5.2miles/kwh the range never goes back up, always down. So the car should adjust the range based on driving, if you go super fast and floor it everywhere yes the range should go down and you battery charge, but it should also go the other way which it is not. Now and then I see if creep up 1-2 miles based on auto regeneration coming off MWay or down a hill.. not thing else though. Was the same in my Audi, range always went down regardless on how you drove the car (petrol & diesel Audis)

Maybe summer will bring back the full 300 miles range again.

Recent trip though Edinburgh (Scotland), seeing 5.4 mi/kwh, I was in and out the car, but the consumption was 4.x to 5.4 for each of my "drives"

Lighting Automotive design Gadget Building Street light

1 - 2 of 2 Posts