Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from parents after filling up, I happened to notice the AVG mpg was reading 77 mpg. Up to that point I didnt realise I was on a mission to either see if I could max out the gauge or if it went over 100mpg.

Well after light throttle and handy down hills in 30/40 and 50 mph limits, I got it to read 99.9 mpg (after 6.6 miles) so techincally over 100mpg! Obviously these arent accurate so I take my usual 10% off and still gives over 90mpg.

Unobtainable normally as I was down to 20mph in neutral for the last few hundred yards eeking it over. Dont worry the roads were totally quiet when attempting this.

I have provided proof incase anyone doesnt believe. You will have to take my word for the 99.9mpg as it dropped slightly while idling and snapping a photo when parked up.

The rest of the journey still read 78.1 mpg (15 miles total).

Usual daily motorway slog + traffic is 56-57 mpg.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,382 Posts
Unobtainable normally as I was down to 20mph in neutral for the last few hundred yards eeking it over. Dont worry the roads were totally quiet when attempting this.

Being in neutral uses more fuel, than with the foot off the throttle and clutch out. As FI cuts all fuel to engine, as wheels drive the engine. In neutral, it requires some fuel to keep the engine running :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
That's interesting - we have the 1.6 128PS Hatch (I think Euro 5) and I have got it into the 60's before, but 99! Was it downhill all the way with a strong tailwind? ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a slow drive (max 50mph), making use of downhills to gain speed and losing it uphills.

I would never contemplate to drive like this normally but it was quiet with good visibility and I wasnt holding anyone up.

Normal daily drive soon drops the figure and with now 100 miles since that last fill its down to 61mpg average, epxect it to drop a few more by the end of the week.

Still very good on fuel in my book.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Ok here is my attempt for hypermiling using the cruise control so some loss of momentum maybe cost me .I spent 37.83 litre 3.321 gallons of diesel for 466.65 miles /751 km . So 56.03mpg although the trip computer mention 61.7 mpg. That's my observation.

Kia proceed crdi 1.6

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
I did the same on a 2008 diesel the fuel station was at the top of a hill.
Not tried it on my 2016 version yet, although like you best I can get is around 56 mpg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts