Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can help with the following problem :-

When 4H is engaged I get what can only be described as a load clunk/judder from the front driverside. It's not on every revolution of the wheel.

Any help/suggestions/solutions would be very much appreciated

Alan

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, i put my in 4 wheel drive this week for the snow and nothing happened, had to abandon the car as could not get it home, the dash is showing that it is engaged what is wrong any ideas

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds like you have split vacuum pipes that go to the front hubs to engage them, check for split pipes from the vacuum resovoir in the engine bay and follow the pipes down to the hubs, if splits found you will have no vacuum to engage the hubs into 4 wheel drive. Replace any split pipes with some new rubber hose then check the hubs engage on some slippy surface.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, my righthand frontKnuckle vacum hose pipe was hanging loose in the air. Mechanic put the pipe back to the front Knuckle hub. Pipe looksok. No damage. Do I need to test thevacum unit in the engine bay again?.
KIA manual said the vacum valve should withstand 500mmHg pressure to see whether the seal in the vacum unit withstand the pressure.

How can I test whether my 4 wheel drive is working, apart from driving on a slippery surface as you suggested?. "H Light" on dash board is on when the car is on 4 whell drive modeand I can feel the drag when I change to4H and 4L.

I could not climb the slopeonice but on the ground with full of 6 to 8 inches snow and ice, it was an excellent 4x4 vehicle. Any of your suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Htin.
Edited by: draeroheli

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, we put the car on the ramp, front wheels were free, main gear was inneutral. 4 wheel transfer gear was engaged. Front wheel were still free and loose, no engagement. Then engine was started, vacuum started to work. Then front wheels hub were engaged. Happy story

My front wheel hubs were working well once we put the vacuum pipe back to the correct place in the front knuckle. I now know how to test the 4 wheel drive on the ramp(dry land).

Next stage will beto test the carin mud and I will ask a friend to look at the front wheel!!!

Hope it doesn'tget stuck in the mud
and let me down.

Htin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts