Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

Hears a little story.

My 2013 KX4 diesel (77K) is due for a service as per the interval above.

Been quoted £345 for a couple of hours work from my local dealer. Tried to get out of them what was done for this oil change and brake fluid?
Service "A" was quoted at £129, seems a bit strong at £216 for brake fluid.
I know the diesel takes a lot of oil but.....

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Any thoughts welcome
Does your owner's handbook not specify the scheduled items for each service? Mine specifies what should be done for each major and minor service.

My advice would be to make a few phone calls and inquire with other KIA dealerships within reasonable travelling distance. You might then, as it is the last scheduled service under the warranty term, sound out one or two well-regarded independents who will welcome the work and probably do a good job in the hope of getting further business from you.

At seven years old, you certainly don't owe KIA any loyalty so if it were me, I'd have no compunction about using a decent independent if the price is right.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

No there is nothing stated in my book hence the question.
However, you are correct about servicing. I would normally carry these out myself. But the engine takes so much oil and of late I can't be that bothered, the old Scimitar takes up some time.

May look an independent as you suggest, warranty only valid until May anyhow.

Cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Had my 6th year service yesterday plus MOT, quoted £350 for service and £45 for MOT. After a short argument I got MOT down to £27 but as we all know any service done by main agent is a rip off. It wont be serviced by them again as the 7 year warranty is up at end of this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts