Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Rio 1,1.4, bought it new,had the 1st service done by dealer,(only because it had 1 year breakdown cover included),I was £170, phew!
The next service is due,I was quoted £228.I do 7500 miles a year which is nowt!

How do I stand warranty wise if i have the servicing done by a Nation wide fleet vehicle repairer,using Genuine Kia service parts?

I work for this firm,also I could service the car for the cost of the service parts ,having been a motor vehicle tech since the mid 1960's,but for the sake of a stamp in the service book and a record of the car being serviced to manufacturers standards, ( which these days are pretty poor) I was willing to part with money to the Garage I work for.

Cheers!

·
Registered
437 Posts
As long as genuine parts are used and the service schedule is adhered to as per KIA, then any VAT registered garage can do the service. I wouldnt say manufactures standards are poor though, not sure what you mean by that.

·
Registered
245 Posts
As long as you use genuine Kia parts for a service then they should still honor your warranty. You will be able to ask the parts department for the service parts required for the given service in your book.

The only thing you might find is that other benefits of using the main dealer for the service get cancelled out. Things like the paint/ corrosion warranty or any Roadside assistance that is only in place all the time the car is serviced and inspected by the main dealer at service intervals.

If you are in any doubt then ask your dealer for details before you get it serviced elsewhere.

I plan to use Kia for my servicing as personally I wasn't under the impression they were that expensive for a main dealer when I enquired about servicing costs before I bought the new car (maybe I'll start to think differently once I've had the first one carried out - but we'll see how it goes
)

Edited by: micman

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys,with regards the manufacturers service guide,a bit of confusion? well first off all the times set for servicing and repairing motor vehicles are very tight ,having worked in the motor trade since 1965 I have see some big changes (not all for the better),the dealerships survive on making money so they push the mechanics for better than "standard times" to achieve 100% or more to obtain a bonus payment,there is only one thing that suffers there and it's your vehicle,I could tell you some stories of Mercs,Bmw's,Lexus etc that have come to us for repair that have been serviced by Dealers,4 years old and never had the wheels off! seized on having to be removed by copper hammer ,wooden block etc,puncture roadside? have fun,so the little things like lubrication of wheel spigots,door locks ,handbrake cables,cleaning out the dust from callipers and brake drums is over looked for the sake of profit,whats on the inspection ticksheet don't always get done ,a favorite is brake fluid change,it's very rare an abs unit will play up due to brake fluid not being changed due to hygroscopic action,but it's a good money earner.

cheers chaps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts