Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm contemptating buying a new Kia Picanto and have a few questions for anyone who's already taken the plunge.

First off, has anyone with one of these got a dog, and if so do they fit in the boot or do you keep them in the back seat? We have a small border collie (ish!) dog and I suspect it'll fit in the boot OK -but perhaps only just. Are there any picanto-specific dog guards available?

Also, we were thinking of going for the 1 litre 5 door 2 spec Picanto. How do people find using this engine? Most of our driving would be in town or on A-roads with perhaps a few B-roads. Trips on the motorway would be infrequent - does it struggle with motorway journeys?

I'm probably going to take a test drive in one over the next few days but was wondering about people's experience of them before I have a proper look. Cheers!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome Peek Anto (nice name
)
I have the 3 door 1.0 and I find it easily powerful enough. The power is a little higher in the rev range than my previous cars, but they had bigger engines. When you give it some welly and the revs rise over 3000 it sounds great too! Can't comment from experience on dogs fitting in but at a guess a Border Collie should be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Peek Anto, we took our dog with us for the test drive to make sure she fitted in the boot bit, she is a German Shorthaired Pointer, standing up to just above knee height. She does fit although finds it difficult to turn around when she is standing up, plenty of room for her to lie down. If going on a longer run we have put the single seatback forward.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi peak anto,yes i had one for 7 months,nice little car,but atrocious fuel consumption,have u seen todays daily mail?,top of ten cars 4 very overrated fuel mpg,so be careful dont listen to the salesman,also they have a problem starting from cold,there is an ecu download but it does not solve the problem.if u r/test one have it for the w/end and put some miles on it to satisfy yourself of the mpg,shame as when i had mine kia or the dealer were not interested in my problems.you pays your money and takes yer chance.good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi peek anto.we bought our picanto 2 automatic in december 2011 .5 door .great little car to date, rear brake caliper needs replacing other than that we are highly satisfied.good modern shape and lots of excellent extras .i have tried to fit our english springer spaniel in the rear with seats up, there isnt enough room for it to be comfortable so its seat backs down unfortunately.no problem starting cold or otherwise would highly reccomend.5000 miles now on clock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts