Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Hi there,

Recently got a 66 reg (CU66xxx) Kia Picanto 1.25 Sport. Love the car, so much fun to drive, the only thing that is kinda annoying, is that it doesn't have android auto... was wondering if it is possible to get the software updated on the sat nav to add it?

Really just want to android auto so I can control my music through spotify easily on the sat nav. Am a firm believer of not using phones whilst driving so refuse to get my phone out if I want to change playlist so would be great if I could get it updated so I can sort my music out legally and in a safe way!

Thanks,
James

HI.
Edited to remove last 3 of reg no. Not good practise to post reg no on forums. KCS would need VIN anyway to be able to check headunit.

Super Moderator
You might be better sending KCS as conversation (PM) with your vin to see if it is possible.

Registered
Only the newer shape Picanto, the JA version can have Android Auto / Apple car play.

You could possibly look into having an after market head unit fitted that supports these features?

Super Moderator
I think the sport did have a 7" touch screen. It's just a matter if it's too old for update.

Registered
The TA Picanto's (older shape) have Gen2 head units which are Windows CE based. The newer cars are Gen5 which is an Android based version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts