Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So I've got a 63 plate ceed, its just past 80k on mileage. I'm trying to work out what potential maintenance might come up soon.

I'm thinking timing belt, water pump, glow plugs, is there anything that would be considered even coming up to 100k.

Thanks

·
Registered
Kia Niro 3 PHEV (70-plate) Horizon Blue
3,963 Posts
Hi All,

So I've got a 63 plate ceed, its just past 80k on mileage. I'm trying to work out what potential maintenance might come up soon.

I'm thinking timing belt, water pump, glow plugs, is there anything that would be considered even coming up to 100k.

Thanks
There is no timing belt - the cams are driven by a timing chain and, if you always use the correct grade of oil and change it at the correct intervals, you'll have no trouble there.

Reactions: captain23

·
Registered
138 Posts
What Dave ^ says.

Aside of the timing chain which should be good for the cars "life" read that as 150k - 175k miles, I'm not sure of the water pump. Seen a few posts from owners with upwards of 150k-200k miles on Cee'd/i30 forums and original chains and no mention of water pump.

If water pump driven off the aux belt (not sure) replacement may be easier. Maybe a cursory annual check for leaks at service time if you ask.

Glow plugs, only investigate if winter starting is taking longer and longer. I "double cycle" the ignition makes for a smoother winter start.

I also believe that the newer U2 CRDI has no dual mass flywheel, though clutches do not last forever contrary to what others say. My old 07 Corolla was needing replacement at 160k when I got rid at that point.

If anything, pay for a full underbody clean and rust proof? Attend to any bodywork defects that may turn to rust. Keep brakes in good condition - rust is the issue at that age.

Don't forget a failed DRL repair/replacement could cost you £200-300 a full dealer price, these are the costs that I'm considering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.