Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Run to Manchester, from Northampton, all motorway and got 63.9mpg with cruise control around 62mph. Bloody impressive! Never had a car which could do over 37mpg lol.
Not sure if mentioned before but I have the 1.6crdi 3 spec higher bhp version. Being me I wanted it to go to 64mpg but it wouldn't!!
I don't normally drive 62mph on the motorway but I wanted to see what my car could achieve. Brilliant.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
That great, I wish my journeys were a bit better, up and down A roads I don't really get to use my cruise!!
60's a bearable motorway speed with a return like that.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Well as for yet mine only doing a maximum of 40mpg which is a mixture of urban-motorway but mines the even higher 4 spec 126bhp so that could be part of the cause and less than a thousand miles old..Just frustrating when my old 2ltr would do 54mpg an the same drive. But then on the motorways it could return upto 65mpg. Drove back over a 100 miles from London one weekend at 90mph+ most the way home and got a true 50mpg.Edited by: RichieD76

·
Registered
10 Posts
had my 2.0 sport for a couple of weeks now and still loving it but only managing 35.4 avg. at the moment!
tried all different ways of driving but can't get past this figure,which is disappointing as all three of my previous 2.0 diesels did an avg. of 45-50mpg without trying.going to fit a pro-bitz tuning chip box next month to see if that helps,has anyone tried one of these?any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Oh sorry didn't realise till I read that back. My 2ltr was a VW. Not the 2ltr pro_ceed

·
Registered
3 Posts
my proceed 2.0 has done 63.3mpg on a run from manchester to london on cruise at 60-65. well happy. normally get 53 ish when cruising at 80

·
Registered
10 Posts
have had my pro-bitz box fitted for just over a month now,turned it up three levels from the default setting-power delivery was fantastic but fuel consumption started going down so i turned it down one level,power delivery is still good but i can still feel slight turbo lag which disappeared on the higher setting.Unfortunatley i still cannot get past 40.7mpg which i've got to admit is the worst mpg i've had out of 5 diesel cars,which is a shame as otherwise i love my pro-ceed!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have noticed an improved since the weather has got milder , gone from 50 ish up to 55 mpg on my commute to work , should hopefully improve as it gets even warmer , untill summer comes and I turn the air con on !! Oh well you can't have it all .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aj492 said:
my proceed 2.0 has done 63.3mpg on a run from manchester to london on cruise at 60-65. well happy. normally get 53 ish when cruising at 80

How did you get that in a 2.0 when I got it in a 1.6 at same speed? What the hell??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Only had my Pro_Ceed 4 for a week and currently averaging 49.2mpg, which isn't bad, but my 1.9 VW Diesel did 45mpg no problem, hoping after a few thousand miles will get up to more like 55mpg. I'm thinking I need to get in to 6th gear more quickly as only used to driving 5 gears.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I'm not sure upping the gears quicker will help, I spent years doing 50 and lower in fith - now I have to be doing about 55 minimum before selecting 5th, I found 4th a lot more efficient.
I'd like a 6 speed box in mine !!!!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hi , I get the best consumption out of my pro 4 by a combination of anticipation , smooth acceleration , and going fast enough to keep a constant speed without being on and off the throttle . I find 6th gear only really usefull above 55 mph , not had it on the motorway yetbut it does 70 @ 2000 rpm so should be very economical at motorway speeds.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just done a run there and back to the NEC ( Watford to Birmingham ) in my ProCeed 4 and got 64MPG there and also 64MPG back. Mostly doing 60-70MPH.Did actually see 66+MPG part of the way.
Really impressed.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Are all your figures dash or actual?

My '12 plate Rio 1.4CRDI is said 58.9 on the dash vs a calculated 53.9 over the weekend.......

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine was via the dash.
I found that nearly all my cars since 2000ish have had pretty accurate computers.
Even so I always do a total fill and work it out like that as well.
I haven't done enough miles to do a tank refill result as yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
46 mpg (dash) about town, work etc
have got 64 mpg over a long 100 mile journey (Owsetry via country roads)
Haven't tried motorway yet but am very impressed. My last car (1.7 CDRi Corsa SRi) got 55 mpg (calculated) maximum on motorway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My pro ceed 1.6 diesel 3 averaged about 52mpg over the 40K I had it. Most of it motorway work with 75mph on the speedo. Managed 56mpg once on a run. Decent, but no better than diesels were years ago, and miles off the 62mpg mark. Not complaining though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi, would be suprised if you get close to 64mpg doing 75mph. More likely to get high mpg around 60-62mpg on the motorway

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is good to read, just bought a 2011 Pro Cee'd 1.6 CRDi High power to replace my Cee'd 1.6 SR 2007 :)

With my current car I get 42-43Mpg, so I'm hoping the CRDi gets about 60Mpg. I am an economical driver ;-)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts