Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Pro-ceed'ers...

i was wondering am I the only one who has a Por-ceed where the gearbox is notchy when cold? 1st can be almost impossible to re-select when cold other gears can be nothcy. When warm it's slick and smooth.

How slick is your when cold?

Stooch

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine is/was much the same (1.6crdi SW). Fine when warm, notchy when cold. I've found it is far better now with a few miles under it's belt.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It could be that the oil Kia use isn't ideal. An oil change to something better & more flexible would help and also prolong the gearbox. I get the same in the Soul, but it isn't just limited to when it is cold - 1st to 2nd crunches when hot too.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
1.6 CRDi, 750 miles, from day one the gearchange was much better than the Focus it replaced, that one never improved, 1st impossible when cold, not much better when hot. The Ceed is fine when its cold, slightly notchy I guess butdoesn't baulk at all, perfect once hot. The one we tested was perfect as well.

Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
1.6 grdi 14200 miles mine used to crunch when cold but car has a long clutch had to get use topushing clutch peddle right downno fault with since

1 - 10 of 10 Posts