Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the radar sensor position on the latest gen 5 Sportage. I’ve noticed from some of the videos I’ve seen that the sensor is in the center of the lower grill, but on others it’s located on the left hand side (as looked at from the front).
Does anyone know why there’s a difference in position, and does the model trim determine it’s position?

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive mirror

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
196 Posts
I noticed that too, it does seem to be model dependent but I couldn't tell which ones were which myself.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I noticed that too, it does seem to be model dependent but I couldn't tell which ones were which myself.
OK, a quick view of various models on Autotrader and it appears that on GT Line S and 4 models it's on the left hand side but for others it's in the centre.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the only thing that I can see that’s common only to the ‘4’ and GTLine S is the 360° view monitor, however that’s to do with the cameras, not the sensor.

·
Registered
196 Posts
There is a pair of radar related spec items that only the 4 and GT Line S have too:

Parking Collision Avoidance Assist (PCA)
Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA)

It could be a different radar unit due to those I suppose?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good point!

·
Registered
196 Posts
My GT-Line S has it on the left, manual also shows picture on left instead of centre.
Thats good, i think those of us without cars yet can only get the Austrailian manual online lol so its not 100% accurate for the UK models.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats good, i think those of us without cars yet can only get the Austrailian manual online lol so its not 100% accurate for the UK models.
Correct, in fact as the hybrid models weren’t available in Australia, so they’re not even mentioned in the manual, and the petrol engine is entirely different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts