Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we've continued with buying yet another Sporty! Seems an expensive way to avoid an MOT :)
But we will soon be the owners of a red GTLine 1.6 petrol auto AWD.
Almost went for Flame Blue, but red is distinctive enough!

Mrs Axe got an invite to see the new Sporty, adamant all the way there that we'd wait another year and see what is about in 2023 then she walked in the door and fell in love with the Endurance Green!! But that's only on the hybrids so, although drooling, sanity returned...

We are driving down to Spain mid March so probably won't be here by then, so it'll be the end of may before we take possession. But happy with the deal, prices locked in now and just have to wait :)

Really like the new dash displays and the whole car feels more upmarket and mainstream.

Can't really see why there's a GTLine AND a 3 in the trim levels????
As regards the GTLineS and the "4", we don't use/need a sunroof nor ambient lighting (Mrs Axe has enough moods of her own :) ) although the full LED lights were tempting, but not enough else was.

We've stayed with petrol, at least for now, as think better electric cars will come along, at least in the next 3 years!
Can't see the advantage of a hybrid lugging 2 engines about.

Really annoying about spare tyre, not even a space saver anymore.

So, we'll be moving onto this sub forum :)

·
Registered
770 Posts
We thought about a GT Line but no heated seats where as you get heated seats, heated steering wheel & dual 12.3 inch screens in the 3

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Somewhat red faced, read though the order details and madame has bought the 148bhp 48v mild hybrid Auto...
So we WILL be lugging 2 motors....
Point taken regarding the bigger infotainment screen, however with the heated seats, we rarely use them - too much blubber :) (although they are welcome on very cold starts)... never used the rear heating ever.
It just seems an unnecessary complex model line up, with GT Line now effectively a 2 and a half and the GT Line S a "5"
whereas when we got our first GT Line it was just below top of the range, now it's only one up from basic.

• Haha
Reactions: Indalo

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
300 Posts
Well, we've continued with buying yet another Sporty! Seems an expensive way to avoid an MOT :)

Mrs Axe got an invite to see the new Sporty, adamant all the way there that we'd wait another year and see what is about in 2023 then she walked in the door and fell in love with the Endurance Green!! But that's only on the hybrids so, although drooling, sanity returned...

We are driving down to Spain mid March so probably won't be here by then, so it'll be the end of may before we take possession. But happy with the deal, prices locked in now and just have to wait :)

Really like the new dash displays and the whole car feels more upmarket and mainstream.

Can't really see why there's a GTLine AND a 3 in the trim levels????
As regards the GTLineS and the "4", we don't use/need a sunroof nor ambient lighting (Mrs Axe has enough moods of her own :) ) although the full LED lights were tempting, but not enough else was.

We've stayed with petrol, at least for now, as think better electric cars will come along, at least in the next 3 years!
Can't see the advantage of a hybrid lugging 2 engines about.

Really annoying about spare tyre, not even a space saver anymore.

So, we'll be moving onto this sub forum :)
With a GT line you don't get two 12.3" screens, with the 3 you do.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Since you have also owned the outgoing model, can you comment on the headrests? I know the fixed position versions on the old Australian model could not be moved forward or back and I found them far too forward on the one I rented for a day. It really made my neck pain much worse. I actually held off ever considering that model because of that (and none of the models in the entire range offered adjustment). But I am interested again now the new model is out.

It seems the new Australian models, however, also do not have the adjustment - you have to go all the way to a Sorento to get that. So maybe your experience is not relevant to me as I seem to recall some UK models had adjustability.

I realise I can try in a showroom but my experience has always been that you have to drive around in these things (as in actually drive around - not just sit in them) for a good few hours in order to find any shortcomings in ergonomic aspects such as that.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cold sausage:
To answer your question, headrest adjustment has been a bane for many Sporty owners, including the 3rd Gen!
We found that taking them out and then fiddling around to a more rear leaning angle actually improved them.
It takes a bit of effort to do, but we've never had any problem in getting them comfortable.
So all may not be lost, but if the headrest IS an issue, you need to try it in the showroom - they'll let you if it means closing a sale :)
For the brief encounter we had with both a Launch Edition and the GTLineS in the showroom, no issue for is with the headrest - not that it occurred to us.
But as you are in Oz, you get the Korean built version, not the European/UK body style so things may well be different, but I can't imagine Koreans drive with their heads on their chest :)
Dunno if that helps!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks Kevin. I might try to rent one once they find their way into the local rental fleet where I live. ideally I would want to spend two days with a new car to really be able to judge it reasonably well and to uncover any significant issues. I find it takes more than a 10 minute test drive to judge the seating / head restraint ergonomics. It wasn't till about thirty minutes into my rental Sportage two years ago that the problem surfaced. Then nothing I tried over the rental period would resolve it. Then again dealers can sometimes lend a demo overnight if they know you are serious so I could also try that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts