Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody out there have experience of this system.My problem is when I bring up the Energy flow diagram on the dash it used to show the energy in blue flowing into the 48 volt battery chart which was displayed in blue. Over the last couple of months the battery display has changed to a half full battery in white.The fault has supposed to have been escalated to Kia support but they state that there is no fault with system.
My theory is that there is actually 2 48 volt batteries in the battery box.To enable a lot of charge and discharge in a very short time.One of these may have developed a fault.
I would be grateful for any help.

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
We tow as well. We've had the car for just over 1.5 years and are just short of 9500 miles. I must admit to not looking at the energy flow screen very often, but as it happened I had it on yesterday and it was showing everything as normal. I'll make a point of watching it over the next few weeks.
I haven't seen anyone else reporting this on here, but you never know.

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
Hi, apologies for not getting back sooner. We've had the energy display on all week. On start up and normal running the battery is all white, under acceleration the battery goes yellow. When in energy recuperation the battery on our display appears to be half white and half yellow. This didn't worry before, mostly because I use the digital speed display nearly all the time, but now I don't know what the battery should like like. I have search through all the blurb and can't find any description of what this display should show.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, apologies for not getting back sooner. We've had the energy display on all week. On start up and normal running the battery is all white, under acceleration the battery goes yellow. When in energy recuperation the battery on our display appears to be half white and half yellow. This didn't worry before, mostly because I use the digital speed display nearly all the time, but now I don't know what the battery should like like. I have search through all the blurb and can't find any description of what this display should show.
That’s same as mine.used to be all blue on recuperation with full battrey. And all yellow on discharge. Now I think there are 2 48 volt batterys sitting side by side in sealed battery box in boot.I think one of these has packed in and now I only get half the boost I should on acceleration.There is no way I can prove this as cant go into battery box as it is sealed and would probably break warranty.

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
I had some errands to run this afternoon which needed a longish trip and the display still has a half white/half yellow battery. I did notice when the cruise control is engaged there is no regen, even on steep downhill slopes, but the battery still does provide boost when uphill. I will wait and see what KCS say.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had some errands to run this afternoon which needed a longish trip and the display still has a half white/half yellow battery. I did notice when the cruise control is engaged there is no regen, even on steep downhill slopes, but the battery still does provide boost when uphill. I will wait and see what KCS say.
I have not tried cruise control. Will wait and see your outcome.have doubts it will be of any help.don’t think there is anyway we can test to see if it is still full boost or half boost we are getting.

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
Just to let you know I've had no reply from Kia Customer Services. I have continued to monitor the battery and it continues to show half yellow, half white.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mines still same as well.don’t quite know what the next step should be to try and get some information on the 48 volt hybrid system.
I have fired off an email to the C.E.O of KIA.UK.(it does seem to be a valid email address as it’s not been returned as undeliverable.)will see if I get a response.I see you stay at Stockton on tees I am coming to whitewater c.c. Site a week on Monday.

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
Whitwater is a lovely site. We used to store our caravan on there, sadly the prices got horrendous and we moved our caravan to another storage.

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
Had an update from customer services, they apologised for not replying sooner and will check up on the energy flow details and get back to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - I do not have any of the issues described in my 1.6, BUT I have also noticed cruise control does not show any recharge and even when switching off it doesn't until the brake is gently applied, so this is probably expected behaviour. Hope that helps, if only a little.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi - I do not have any of the issues described in my 1.6, BUT I have also noticed cruise control does not show any recharge and even when switching off it doesn't until the brake is gently applied, so this is probably expected behaviour. Hope that helps, if only a little.
I have had a response from the c.e.o. Who have passed my complaint on to a senior customer complaint member who have been in touch with my local dealer.Flear and thomson.
flears are supposed to be contacting me today to do further investigation into problem.
will keep you informed about any progress.
control does not show any recharge and even when switching off it doesn't until the brake is gently applied, so this is probably expected behaviour. Hope that helps, if only a little.

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
Mine is still doing the same as it was at #6. I've even taken to lifting and coasting on down slopes, lots of charge shown going into the battery, but the battery has not changes state. Not heard anything back from my PM to @Kia Customer Service so still don't know what is right.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts