Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

New on here and am after some advice

Started my 04 plate sorento XS and the 4x4 low box light came up but I cant switch it off
The switch is non responsive and am having to drive around (locally I must) add in low box

Any ideas chaps before I ring the garage

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ,im new,could you pls explain the outcome of your switch problem as i have the same,many thanks, martin(4wd switch wont turn off low range etc.

·
Registered
662 Posts
turn the engine off for 5 mins, switch the switch to high, start the engine and leave the car in neutral the system should switch itself off it can take upto 30 seconds to do this

·
Registered
124 Posts
The motor that switches it from high to low could be jammed. As some one has said put it in neutral. let it idle. switch from low back to high and it should click in.
I was doing it wrong when i got mine. I was trying to do it in park.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, i am having the same problem (4x4 low box light showing on dash),it has been staying on for about 10 mins while driving then goes out but lately it has been staying on all the time,, i am having to use the car most days,( motorway ) to get me to work. i have tried all the things which was on forum but nothing seems to work,i have had the car for 14 months and this is the 5th problem i have had( all garage work,)i think im at the end with this car any info would be appriciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts