Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy owner of an FE since September.
Anyone been able to buy a service plan yet ??
There seems to be some delay with these and I trust I will be able to buy before the VAT increase in the New Year.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The plans I've seen mentioned on this forum save about 20 quid over the 3 years!.
At those savings I'll keep the money in my own account!

Slim

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I looked into it for the Ceed,quoted as£22per month for 4 years, £1012 in total (only 46 payments). First 4 servicesquoted as£910 thuscheaper by £1002 at todays prices, decided to put £22 per month into a bank account instead. Be interesting to see if anything is left after the 4th service.

Paul

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Manufacturer's service cost for FE 2.litre auto = £875.14 all in for 3 years.

Dealers quoting 'Special Service Price - paid upfront or interest free by Direct Monthly Debit' = £525 and includes MOT at 3 years.

On first thoughts it seeems a 'no-brainer'.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Sparky2009,
Which dealers have offered this ?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Based on recent experience you need to be carefull and check who is providing the service plan. When I bought my 1 series the Honda Civic was on the shortlist but servicing was mega expensiveand thistogether withother dislikesput me off the car. The dealer offered me a 3 year plan for £400 which was 1/2 the normal price but I was worried when it was the dealers own plan and not Honda's. I asked what would happen if the garage closed, no probem he said since we are part of a big group. The garage closed 12 months after my enquiry and a different group took over the franchise on a different site, bet my plan would have been worth sod all.

When I bought the Ceed one local dealer offered me their own plan for £16 per month for a4 year plan instead of the Kia plan which was approx. £22 per month. On closer examination the dealer plan did not include brake fluid change, anti freeze change andpaint/body inspectionas per the Kia schedule and planplus how could Ibe surethat the garage would still exist and/or be a Kia dealer in 4 years time to carry out any warranty work.

There issometimes a catch if things appear to be a bargain, check carefully.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Services quoted :"...xxxxxx mile service as per handbook". Handbook does state "replace oil/brake fluid etc at the appropriate intervals" I also queried were materials included, and was assured they were, unless the item was a 'wear and tear issue'. This is normal on any service - you get oil/filters etc in the quoted price but things like wiper blades cost extra.

Dealership is actually owned by Kia (UK). Quote is on Kia UK headed letter.

Bear in mind, as previously stated, one has to pay up front by direct debit. Cessation of trading by dealer, v unlikely, and the direct debit stops.

Seems fair.

Sparky
(Edited once, rushed reply included spelling errors! - must try harder!)

Edited by: Sparky2009

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got offered a 5 year plan on a new Sportage 1.7 at £1300 ex consumables but inc VAT. Includes MOT's when reqd, courtesy car and wash and valet. Have been trying to find out what a base annual service ex consumables would be given that, whilst I know I could go to any garage nowadays, not have an annual body check might invalidate that part of the warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts