Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh, sh, b, f, x, etc.
Automotive lighting Plant Flower Petal Gas

1advisory and 1 major.
Font Electronic device Electric blue Display device Darkness

Right wozzup, let's sort it. Where's me big hammer?
Child seat fitted not allowing full inspection of adult belt. Easy take the bl00dy thing out. Now, never having kids of my own, and only recently needing a first ever child seat for the (step) grand daughter, never gave it a thought. That's another reason that I can justify my original decision never to have any kids.
They aren't natural. (She is a lovely little sod though!)
Gesture Entertainment Art Font Magenta

Seat belt missing centre rear lower. WHATTTT?!?!
Turns out that the little black clicky in thing was under the seat squab. Gawd knows how the sear base comes out - I had several bolts out, but then when b$^=^()^ f$^&(** mode kicked in, I got hold of the right seat base and 'carefully and gently' 😖 lifted it and found the little clicky git buried underneath. I reckon it's never seen the light of day since Mr. Foo, the k'in seat fitter put the seat in the car on the production line. Pity it didn't get picked up on the original pdi, my pdi or any of the services.....
Anyway, back to the test garage and passed. They did their job right, and I'd sooner get a fail than a less than proper inspection. I could have been a Government checker outer, and if they'd passed it, it would have meant the firing squad!!
Engineering Event Tree Machine Font

·
Super Moderator
9,401 Posts
1st point. Never leave child seats in. 🤦‍♂️
2nd point. Always connect ALL seat belts in the back when taking for MOT (y)

3rd point... Take a trip to the Pub to celebrate passing MOT 🍸🍹🍾

·
Registered
528 Posts
As iooi suggests always connect all rear seat belts before MOT.
Not only does it avoid situation as described, it means that when you do need to use belts in anger, you know where the hidden clicky thing is.
To be fair to the clicky things, they are designed to be smaller and tuck away so that if you only have occasional use for two rear passengers, they don't accidentally get a click thing in their "nether regions"
Definitely one to add to your MOT checklist for next year :)

·
Registered
Sportage 4 T-gdi
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Must admit, as the car owner, it's a long time since I utilised a back seat 😘 for anything other than chucking shopping in or folding down to utilise a bigger 'boot'. And rear seat passengers are usually 1 or at most 2. Something to think about for future anyway. Every day is a learning day.
At least he wasn't bothered about there not being a spare tyre where the lpg tank now lives as the servicing dealer noted last year! ;)

·
Registered
ProCeed GT (JD, 3 Door)
149 Posts
Must admit, as the car owner, it's a long time since I utilised a back seat 😘 for anything other than chucking shopping in or folding down to utilise a bigger 'boot'. And rear seat passengers are usually 1 or at most 2. Something to think about for future anyway. Every day is a learning day.
At least he wasn't bothered about there not being a spare tyre where the lpg tank now lives as the servicing dealer noted last year! ;)
I don't think there is any MOT requirement to have a spare tyre, especially as a lot of new cars these days don't even come with them as standard (i know my ProCeed doesn't, and the MINI i had a few years back didn't either)

The only requirement i know of, is "IF" one is fitted, it must have legal tread depth

·
Registered
Picanto 1.0T GDi GT-Line
1,386 Posts
My cars always come back from an MOT with the seat belts fastened (except for the drivers side). The demands of a modern MOT make me glad my 45 yr old Spitfire doesn't need one anymore as some testers in the past had never come across things like trunnions before (yes they are full of oil not grease, their supposed to be). :)

Reactions: Phil in Wales

·
Registered
2022 Ceed GT line 1.5TGDI - Fusion Orange
348 Posts
My cars always come back from an MOT with the seat belts fastened (except for the drivers side). The demands of a modern MOT make me glad my 45 yr old Spitfire doesn't need one anymore as some testers in the past had never come across things like trunnions before (yes they are full of oil not grease, their supposed to be). :)
I’ve had experience of that. A tester adamant that they would fail my beetle as it didn’t have a fog light switch. It didn’t have fog lights either…

Nor could he work out how to get the windscreen washers to work. I spent more time in the car with him than in the waiting area

·
Registered
794 Posts
What I was going to say was that for the last 14 years at least, all my seat belts come back fastened after every service. This vehicle should have had at least 2 services since new. Were they carried out correctly or were mine very diligently done. I have had only Kias since Sept 2013 and they have been done by my Marshall's dealer..

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Oh, sh, b, f, x, etc. View attachment 14202
1advisory and 1 major. View attachment 14203

Right wozzup, let's sort it. Where's me big hammer?
Child seat fitted not allowing full inspection of adult belt. Easy take the bl00dy thing out. Now, never having kids of my own, and only recently needing a first ever child seat for the (step) grand daughter, never gave it a thought. That's another reason that I can justify my original decision never to have any kids.
They aren't natural. (She is a lovely little sod though!) View attachment 14205

Seat belt missing centre rear lower. WHATTTT?!?!
Turns out that the little black clicky in thing was under the seat squab. Gawd knows how the sear base comes out - I had several bolts out, but then when b$^=^()^ f$^&(** mode kicked in, I got hold of the right seat base and 'carefully and gently' 😖 lifted it and found the little clicky git buried underneath. I reckon it's never seen the light of day since Mr. Foo, the k'in seat fitter put the seat in the car on the production line. Pity it didn't get picked up on the original pdi, my pdi or any of the services.....
Anyway, back to the test garage and passed. They did their job right, and I'd sooner get a fail than a less than proper inspection. I could have been a Government checker outer, and if they'd passed it, it would have meant the firing squad!! View attachment 14201
LMAO at your post Al.. will just say that these were made for a reason..
Sleeve Gesture Cartoon Art Font
just saying...
Font Gas Pattern Symmetry Circle

·
Registered
716 Posts
When my Sportage went for it's first MOT it was still on a PCP contract. The vehicle was picked up and delivered to the dealers for a service and the MOT. It failed! Seemingly the driver who picked it up gained a nail in the tyre on the way to the dealers and the pressure dropped enough for the TPMS to put an alert on the dash. So rather than reporting he had picked up a puncture it went straight in for the MOT on arrival!! Some people really deserve a slap for having no common sense.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts