Kia Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just purchased a Sorento 3.5L V6, 03 plate. just want to know if theres anything i need to particularly look out for? what are the expensive problems with this beast? (apart from fuel consumption)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have the V6 model - 2003 from new (60,000 miles). I had mine fitted with gas (lpg) at a cost of around £1600 and it paid that back in less than 18 months and you cannot tell the difference running lpg or petrol. I have had only minor probs - the clock was losing time and when I went to the dealer to have it changed under warranty, he told me that it was being recalled for that anyway!

Do watch the check the ' side garnish reinf' panels - inside the rear door beneath the grey plastic wheel arch trim. My nearside had half rusted away and the offside is a little rusty. I have purchased new ones (£50 each - lotta money for a small metal trim piece). I am about to post on the forum for advice in changing these - I think the plastic wheel arch door trims need to be removed, but how?

all I can say is that I have done 60,000 (having its service as I speak) and I would not change. If I had to, it would be for another V6 and I would fit lpg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi...

First time to the site and just thought I'd add my thoughts on the V6 Sorento. Bought my 55 plate around 18 months ago and now has 55k on the clock and drives like a dream! It had just been converted to LPG when I got it and I don't even think about the fuel now!

Touch wood, I have had no problems with it to date and it has had many appreciative comments made about it since I've had it.

We tow a 6.5mtr caravan all over the country and it deals with this no problems as well as the horse box which is nearly always attached to it. It's just about to go in for a service so hopefully all will continue as is!

I much prefer the petrol model to diesel and with it being on LPG it does as good if not better MPG in real terms.

Hope you enjoy it!!

Cheers

Spencer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts