1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks

How are you?

I have 1.5 Crdi Rio Strike. It's a 2010 car

Has anyone had problems with what seems to be a banging noise from the rear? Had it back about 3 times. They've tightened things up on it and a few days later it's back the same

Also 2nd gear seems really 'scratchy' it's fine going up the gears but down from 3rd to 2nd seems awful. Does it get better? Again I've had it back and they've chnaged the gear box oil

The car has done 5555ish miles with various types of driving - from motorway runs to short runs

Thanks for any advice you could give

Regards

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hi Farmer, I sometimes get a knocking sound from the back when driving over bumpy ground at relatively low speeds. It seems to be something to do with the back seats. If they are folded down the noise goes away. When you're on your next service, get them to look at your clutch cable adjustment. 2nd gear I think is the worst for changing into, especially from cold. Mine has 60K on the clock and it has got a bit better, but is still quite "notchy"

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't think there is any clutch cable as it is hydraulic controlled (just like the original mini).

As for the gears, second gear is quite crunchy to get into and out of.
I have driven a few Rio's (petrol and diesel) and they are all the same.

As for the creaking at the back, the rear seat locks can be quite noisy.
I found this out to be the plastic surround that goes around the rear seat locking mechanism and can just be pushed back into place.

Failing that, if it is still noisy it could possibly be the rear suspension mounting into the body work.
That could be more costly to fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts