Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Niro 4 HEV Auto
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience of “Vegan Lether” used on car seats? I am aware that the so called ‘Leather’ is made from plastic but my experience of fake leather (or if you like Vegan Leather) is that it is not very hard wearing.

·
Registered
Fusion white 2014 Proceed GT Tech
1,011 Posts
See this new thread posted just today....

It can be vulnerable in high contact areas, but otherwise is OK, and it probably depends on the finish colour as to just how noticeable it is.

Reactions: Jim W

·
Super Moderator
10,005 Posts
Vegan Leather AKA Vinyl

Vegan leather is often made from polyurethane, a polymer that can be made to order for any designer's whim. It can also be made from innovative and sustainable materials such as pineapple leaves, cork, apple peels, other fruit waste, and recycled plastic and used to create products that put animal skins to shame.
Vegan leather is ultimately much less durable than real leather and tends to be thinner so it's not uncommon for it to tear or scuff badly over time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Vegan leather is ultimately much less durable than real leather and tends to be thinner so it's not uncommon for it to tear or scuff badly over time.
It really depends on the individual product that has been used, hard to make any general statements.

Had 'Vegan leather' in the my Tesla, 4 years and not a mark on it, I guess I'll find out how my Kia compares in another 4 years...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts