Kia Owners Club Forum banner
121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
On order (Feb 17th): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S hybrid 2wd in Experience Green with black roof
28 Posts
Same here as well, really frustrating seeing the same spec cars, that were ordered a month after us being delivered. As you know it’s not a supply chain/component issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Same here. No build date no anticipated delivery date but on the positive side my part x shot up £650 this month putting it back to last feb price. 👍
Silver lining I suppose.. That and we're looking at a 72 plate likely!

Trying to find some small posivies as it is getting increasingly fustrarting. Not helped by staring at my neighbours green GT S on each time I walk past a window.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Spoke to my ever friendly sales people at Edwards of Worcester this morning regarding my green/black 1.6 GT-LN T/GDI HEV ordered on May 7th - according to them it was authorised for production on August 1st and due at the dealership on or around January 5th 2023

Thinking of having a Nextbase forward & rear facing cam fitted on delivery, any thoughts or views on them would be welcome along with puddle/footwell and tailgate lights.

·
Registered
On 2nd July I collected my 2022 Sportage GT Line HEV 2WD in Flame Blue
191 Posts
Same here. No build date no anticipated delivery date but on the positive side my part x shot up £650 this month putting it back to last feb price. 👍
That is unbelievable that after 6 months from ordering you still have no build date, but on the positive side that is good news your part x has gone up 👍

·
Registered
On order GT LINE S HEV AWD EXPERIENCE GREEN BLACK ROOF 10/Feb/22
192 Posts
Spoke to my ever friendly sales people at Edwards of Worcester this morning regarding my green/black 1.6 GT-LN T/GDI HEV ordered on May 7th - according to them it was authorised for production on August 1st and due at the dealership on or around January 5th 2023

Thinking of having a Nextbase forward & rear facing cam fitted on delivery, any thoughts or views on them would be welcome along with puddle/footwell and tailgate lights.
Thinking about the dashcam myself not sure if the £375 includes fitting. Will find out when I take old car for MOT and service in a fortnight.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Still no news on my 4 HEV either :( also feeling the pain when I see March orders being delivered now... don't even have a build date

·
Registered
On Order Sportage 5 Spec 3 HEV White
9 Posts
Also applies to others mines a HEV 3 spec albeit I ordered mine in March still no build date, cannot fathom KIAs ordering & Supply system, as how can some dealers seem to be able to provide detailed updates and others just a lame no info :unsure:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ordered GTLine-S HEV 2WD red with black roof on 19th March and not heard a Scooby from my dealer other than a response from them when I questioned the price rise. At that time he had no information. Only issue I have is that my 8 year old Volvo XC60 is getting closer to requiring a service and mot, an expense I would like to avoid.

To be honest I am going to miss the XC60 that I have had for 5 years but due to ongoing issues with my left leg, as a manual it is getting harder to drive, so I needed an auto. With a budget of 40k cash I tried many cars and the Sportage came out tops with both myself and my wife.

So we just wait, no point stressing over it, like a baby it will come when it's ready.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't know whether KIa is the same as most other marques but just because you signed an order on Mar 1st that doesn't mean the order was accepted by Kia on that date. Dealers have allocations and if they have filled their current spot then your order may wait until the next allocation. Different dealers will have different numbers on wait for build, you may be with one with loads and I am with one with only me. We order the same date and I get mine a month before you. See where I am going with this?
So I can see that Kia supplying orders from around your date gives rise to hope but I think that could easily be false hope.
The best I have been given is 'no later than Nov but possibly late Sep' for an April order. That is all the dealer knows from the Kia system access that they have.
I have decided it really is not worth getting into a lather and trying to fathom out anything more than that. At least that is where I am with it.
I might not be enjoying the wait but i know I am going to enjoy the arrival !

Reactions: Westcountryman

·
Super Moderator
10,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Also applies to others mines a HEV 3 spec albeit I ordered mine in March still no build date, cannot fathom KIAs ordering & Supply system, as how can some dealers seem to be able to provide detailed updates and others just a lame no info :unsure:
Dealers have access to exactly the same system. So you can only guess some are better at customer service than others.

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
392 Posts
how can some dealers seem to be able to provide detailed updates and others just a lame no info :unsure:
I think some are just better at providing more flowery responses beyond "we dont know anything".

However, i think the real difference is that once your vehicle goes into production they get a lot more information. That seems to be 8ish weeks before delivery, and what I have noticed on here is that some people get calls with all of that extra information and others dont. The result is that some people literally place an order and dont hear from their dealer again until theyre vehicle is onsite for collection, at the other end you have people who get nice weekly update emails from their dealer, and then calls from them every so often as well, they then get told when their car has gone into production, along with any other updates from that point until delivery.

Its all down to the dealers and their after sales customer service it appears...

Im also going to apologise to the mods for going off topic again :censored:

·
Registered
72 Posts
@dhb. I agree. My dealer has told me it is currently about a max of 6-8 weeks between them getting a build slot showing on the system and the car arriving with them. However, they have also been experiencing this trait where there is no info on the system and then they hear from the UK delivery folk that the car will be with them in a few days. It must still be a constant struggle for the factory at Zilina to get any stability and forward forecasting in production. My dealer hasn't initiated any updates; it is always me that calls them. I am happy with that as I don't need a call to tell me 'no new news'. The only benefit for the dealer I can see is that it might keep some 'likely to cancel' customers close to hand.

Reactions: dhb

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered my HEV GT Line S in Blue Flame with black roof on 13th April. Was told late July/Early August delivery. Obviously through reading on here and also being wise to world events, I knew that was highly unlikely.

Hadn't heard anything so dropped my leasing company an email and got a call back within half an hour. They advised that they'd spoken to the supplier and I'd be looking at a mid November delivery at the minute. They said the particular dealership and contact there was great so they are going to provide updates every 2 weeks going forward.

My Merc CLA goes back early October but the wife will be on maternity so we'll be good for using one car until delivery. Just hope there is no further delays and no price rises in October
:confused:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ordered my HEV GT Line S in Blue Flame with black roof on 13th April. Was told late July/Early August delivery. Obviously through reading on here and also being wise to world events, I knew that was highly unlikely.

Hadn't heard anything so dropped my leasing company an email and got a call back within half an hour. They advised that they'd spoken to the supplier and I'd be looking at a mid November delivery at the minute. They said the particular dealership and contact there was great so they are going to provide updates every 2 weeks going forward.

My Merc CLA goes back early October but the wife will be on maternity so we'll be good for using one car until delivery. Just hope there is no further delays and no price rises in October
:confused:
You should not have to pay any price increase due to contract, no ?

·
Registered
Order Sportage GT Line S Petrol HVE FWD Penta & Black roof 11th April 22
34 Posts
Ordered a GT Line S HVE 2WD 2 tone penta metal on the 13th of April. Been told to call back mid August for a possible delivery date in September.

No holding my breath as I know they might said (oh no info yet, call mid September) 😂 but that will be the only update or real communication I have had with the dealer since ordering so a bit positive I guess.

Finger crossed might have it before November I guess

121 - 136 of 136 Posts