Kia Owners Club Forum banner
101 - 120 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
271 Posts
Do the tax monthly by direct debit, its the same price as 6 months but you can just cancel the month you need to and no need to get a refund for the rest.
Not thought of doing that as I’ve always paid cash, good idea, and could save a lot of ‘faffing’ about 👍

·
Super Moderator
10,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Not thought of doing that as I’ve always paid cash, good idea, and could save a lot of ‘faffing’ about 👍
The amount you pay depends on how often you want to make a payment. There’s a 5% surcharge if you pay:

• monthly
  • every 6 months
There’s no surcharge if you pay yearly.

===

Not sure what faffing as refund will be auto when V5 is handed to dealer. Paying via DD will mean you have a DD to cancel at some point.

Pay yearly & save 5%

·
Registered
On 2nd July I collected my 2022 Sportage GT Line HEV 2WD in Flame Blue
191 Posts
Just spoke to my dealer who seems to be a pretty helpful and honest guy, and although there’s no hard and fast info on my order, he did say there are only 3 orders on their books in front of mine and the earliest was ordered on the 3rd Feb (mine was the 17th Feb), so seems sensible to wait for a ‘72 reg, even if it arrives in the next couple of weeks.

Only fly in the ointment is that I’ve just had to book my part-ex in for a service and MOT as they both run out at the end of August, along with the tax. So I’ll have to tax it for 6 months and get a refund for what’s not used.

One thing he said which I found interesting is that if anyone cancels an order, they, as dealers cannot sell that car on to just anyone, Kia have to put the order back in the system for the next person with an identical order, thereby stopping anyone from ‘jumping the queue’ with a cancelled order, and could explain why some people seem to be getting orders earlier than expected. It certainly didn’t sound like something he’s just made up, so it’s good (and fair) if that’s the case.
That is how I go my car earlier by around 3 months as someone had cancelled their order and as I was next on a list with the same spec and colour, Kia offered me the car, which I happily accepted. Had my car since the 2nd July and love it even more every time I drive it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you was offered a cancellation same spec car on 22 plate in a different colour, instead of a 72 plate in desired colour,what would you peeps do? As dealer offered this and also said all PHEV has been suspended for new orders(which either helps hev bak orders or is yet another sign things are just not improving..totally surprised by offer ,part of me says just go for it the way things are or hold out..jeez

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you was offered a cancellation same spec car on 22 plate in a different colour, instead of a 72 plate in desired colour,what would you peeps do? As dealer offered this and also said all PHEV has been suspended for new orders(which either helps hev bak orders or is yet another sign things are just not improving..totally surprised by offer ,part of me says just go for it the way things are or hold out..jeez
Well, it depends what the other colour is. I only ever wanted the blue flame, so if I was in that situation I would have waited. It is not too long now to wait for the 72 plate and I would wait for the colour you ordered.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If it is the reg that is troubling you then tell dealer yes but not registered before 1st sept. As long as the colour is OK with your taste then OK. But I guess it really depends on whether you need it sooner rather than later. I think the reason for the hold on PHEV is because the book is full until Q1 2023. It is a very popular model and rate of battery supply levels can't be increased and/or production capacity is full. I don't think it will impact existing orders.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi the reg not an issue really,you see its an motorbility order and over the past 18 months on the motorbility scheme,some orders have been cancelled with some manufactorers .Even a year into waiting..so my worry is kia may cancel motorbility orders such as ford,skoda and volvo have done.Which would mean re ordering another car(nothing on scheme suits my needs).Suppose being in the motorbilty forums and reading the order horror stories hasn't helped 😀 coloir ordered was flame blue ,colour offered is dark penta..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dark Penta is reported as a good colour by many who have one and it does suit the car IMO
It will be easier to keep looking clean than the blue. I would say go for it given your circumstances.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
191 Posts
Dark Penta is reported as a good colour by many who have one and it does suit the car IMO
It will be easier to keep looking clean than the blue. I would say go for it given your circumstances.

Hope that helps
I agree, I know I have the blue flame but the dark penta looks a lovely colour aswell.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi the reg not an issue really,you see its an motorbility order and over the past 18 months on the motorbility scheme,some orders have been cancelled with some manufactorers .Even a year into waiting..so my worry is kia may cancel motorbility orders such as ford,skoda and volvo have done.Which would mean re ordering another car(nothing on scheme suits my needs).Suppose being in the motorbilty forums and reading the order horror stories hasn't helped 😀 coloir ordered was flame blue ,colour offered is dark penta..
Hi, if you decide to wait and you've ordered the HEV, I'd love to be able swap my (Motability) MHEV order for it (if that's even possible). I'd be happy to travel far to be able to change from MHEV to HEV.

·
Registered
On order GT LINE S HEV AWD EXPERIENCE GREEN BLACK ROOF 10/Feb/22
192 Posts
Dark penta looks stunning and a good second choice but I’ve got my heart set on the green now so ide wait my turn. But if you think notability may be cancelled then grab it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just spoke to my dealer who seems to be a pretty helpful and honest guy, and although there’s no hard and fast info on my order, he did say there are only 3 orders on their books in front of mine and the earliest was ordered on the 3rd Feb (mine was the 17th Feb), so seems sensible to wait for a ‘72 reg, even if it arrives in the next couple of weeks.

Only fly in the ointment is that I’ve just had to book my part-ex in for a service and MOT as they both run out at the end of August, along with the tax. So I’ll have to tax it for 6 months and get a refund for what’s not used.

One thing he said which I found interesting is that if anyone cancels an order, they, as dealers cannot sell that car on to just anyone, Kia have to put the order back in the system for the next person with an identical order, thereby stopping anyone from ‘jumping the queue’ with a cancelled order, and could explain why some people seem to be getting orders earlier than expected. It certainly didn’t sound like something he’s just made up, so it’s good (and fair) if that’s the case.
Hi Interesting my dealer said the same, agree seems a fair way of dealing with a cancellation, particularly for those who have been waiting the longest

·
Registered
33 Posts
PHEVS are still on Kia website so maybe it’s just notability PHEV orders are full till further notice ?
PHEVs were never available on Motability. HEVs were on for first 3 weeks of April and MHEVs were available from April until around 2nd week of May.
Extremely unlikely for any variations to return this year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update on my order, 1.6 petrol, 3, automatic. Ordered 28th April-12 weeks lead time. First Motability car.
when I called on week 12 (3 weeks ago) I was told no info, but the previous 2 Sportage’s that were ordered a few days before mine had a production date for delivery on the 8th of August. That meant that I was next in the queue and a production date was imminent, it gave me hope. I called last week and there’s no news on delivery, and those 2 Sportage’s dates have been removed from the system, but still means that I’m 3rd in line for the level 3 batches. He also said that new orders are given a lead time of 16 weeks. It’ll be 16 weeks for me next week and there’s no sign of the car anytime soon.
Has anyone got their 3’s yet when ordered in April?

·
Super Moderator
10,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
PHEVS are still on Kia website so maybe it’s just notability PHEV orders are full till further notice ?
Motability have pulled ALL Sportages from their site. Think they did it around March/April. When long delivery times became known.
It is the same with many other manufactures on there. Long delay & high advance payment have meant many cars are no longer a option.
So they will only supply anything that was ordered pre the cars being pulled.

Product Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got an update from my dealer yesterday, to say that there was no update. He mentioned that they are delivering orders from the beginning of February, so by that logic, it should be towards the end of August/Early September for mine (order on 03rd of March). Its almost like my current car knows its getting chopped in because the service light came on today!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Still no news from the leasing company/dealer on my order... Really thought I'd be hearing something in August for a delivery at some point this month!

Reactions: tomkerry
101 - 120 of 136 Posts