Kia Owners Club Forum banner
81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
On order GT LINE S HEV AWD EXPERIENCE GREEN BLACK ROOF 10/Feb/22
192 Posts
Can someone tell me if it's going to snow on Christmas day this year? I guess not,no one knows,just like KIA couldn't foresee COVID,Ukraine/Russia and all the other knock on effects that is holding up deliveries of new vehicles, this knock on effect at KIA has undoubtedly upset people, you can always try and buy from another manufacturer where you will undoubtedly be told the same story, I believe KIA have been as upfront and honest as possible, obviously the dealers are the ones hanging onto their sales and will try and string folk along to save the sale. Feel lucky you aren't buying a new truck,Scania waiting list is currently 18 months long!!!, If you want your new vehicle hang on in there,I understand things are moving along a bit quicker and when the day arrives the wait will be worth it and will be history.
Good points but Covid was well into being when Kia decided to launch the new sportage and must have anticipated the problems as for Ukraine a lot of people ordered their cars before it even started and yes it will snow on Xmas day somewhere in the world. All we can do is wait patiently it’ll be worth it just a shame for those that had to cancel because of increased cost and part ex values dropping.

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
271 Posts
Sure, Kia couldn’t predict the world events from the last 8 months or so that would affect the production of vehicles. However once they knew of the problems they were encountering, and especially in more recent months, I feel that they could have been a lot more forthcoming in relating what little information they have got, which would go a long way to placate their customers, and dealers, who lets face it, are being bombarded for information which they don’t seem to have either.

I know that I for one would feel a lot more reassured if I were to receive updates from my dealer, however trivial, in fact any updates from them would be good, as since ordering in mid February I haven’t received any calls from them and have had to rely on calling them myself.

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
392 Posts
I think the issue isnt with Kia. Its with the dealers.

Kia release an update to dealers every month on when different models/engine options can be expected. The issue seems to be some dealers are more economical with that "truth" than others to get a sale.

On the subject of updates it is quite clear than until the car goes into production there are no updates from Kia to the dealer, and therefore the dealer has nothing to tell you. Some people on here are reporting a weekly/monthly message from the dealer saying "no news" but frankly that would get annoying quickly to me.

I am happy to wait, it will arrive when it arrives. At least im in the fortunate position to be getting a brand new car, at the moment there are a lot for whom that is a pipe dream.

·
Registered
271 Posts
On the subject of updates it is quite clear than until the car goes into production there are no updates from Kia to the dealer
So basically, what you’re saying is that when my dealer said they have a proposed build date for 1st August…..he was lying!, or should I say being economical with the truth, as unless the car was being built there would be no update available.

Reactions: tickedon

·
Registered
192 Posts
A little economical with the truth sounds about right. I ordered in February and told April delivery come end of March I checked in with the dealer who told me it’s being built. April came and went. Checked in with dealer again to be told no build date yet. So why tell me in March it’s being built. Nearly august now and still no news.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Perhaps split these comments about world issues into a separate thread?
Kia haven't dome themselves any favours and have possibly soured would be customers away from ever considering the brand in the future.
Yes, other manufacturers have the same issues, and many have long delays in delivery, but Kia lost a golden opportunity in NOT clarifying just how their production line deals with orders.
I'm sure most of us here would accept being told that "Your order is No. 32,156 in the queue, and that we currently build 2,000 a week, so about 16 to 20 weeks before your car is likely to be ready. Obviously, should other things go pearshaped such as shortages of chips, vehicles requiring the fewest may be prioritised in order to keep production schedules on track"
Is that really difficult to do?
I think that's why many here are disillusioned and it pains me (as one who HAS their Sporty) to see all this angst and disappointment amongst so many.
Deliveries of LHD Sporty's seem unaffected on the Continent, is that because deliveries can be made by road/rail and not require shipping space on car carriers into the UK?
It doesn't need a genius, just someone with some PR savvy to clear the issue.
Just my view

·
Super Moderator
10,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Can I just refer people back to the 1st post.

If you want to discuss the in & outs of what should be done & who's at fault then please take it to another thread.
I'm not splitting this off. As most of this has already been covered in the other thread that was closed due to being too long & of not much use to anyone new coming in.

Thanks Folks. (y)

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is good to see all the colours together like that. Not sure I would buy the yellow one.
I was originally going to buy the Lunar silver as I like silver coloured cars. But when I saw one "in the flesh" I decided against it (it didn't look very silver).
I wish we had the Sparkling Silver shown on the video. I would have gone for that.
The reason I went for Blue was because no matter what the lighting conditions, such as the overcast day on the video, the blue still looks bright.
A lot of Kia's colours look very different in different lighting conditions and sometimes no so good.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Interesting to see only two of the sportages have a radar detector I thought they all had it.
I believe I’m right when I say the radar is only installed if the model has ‘smart cruise control’, and that’s only available on models with auto transmission (DCT/AT). So I’m guessing that the two with radar are the only autos in the lineup and the others are all manual.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Out of interest Just did a speck check on Kia uk site and every speck is showing the radar detector sometimes in the middle sometimes on the left. Couldn’t check diesel versions though. Maybe really low speck starting level abroad. Not that it’s important but gives me something to find out while waiting forever for my sportage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've ordered the luna silver as while not typical silver colour, the colour appealed to me, looks different rich colour if that makes sense, guess it's all down to personal taste / choice, ordered HEV Gt Line S April 14th, patiently waiting build date, and if I'm really lucky santa will deliver it 😃
Hope everybody is enjoying theirs that have been delivered, happy motoring folks, looking forward to my turn cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
I thought radar detector was central for all none HEV /PHEV trims.Which seems strange,do prefer it central,although i would take one with it on the roof if it cuts waiting time less .😀

·
Registered
392 Posts
I thought radar detector was central for all none HEV /PHEV trims.Which seems strange,do prefer it central,although i would take one with it on the roof if it cuts waiting time less .😀
It's to the left on 4 and GT Line S models (if memory serves) as this question has come up before. The only spec difference is on some additional parking related sensors, so it's likely the radar unit is also the processor etc not sure why it's off to the left, but it does appear to be spec related.

I presume that on some markets there are trim levels with no forward facing radar too. Makes sense but not in the UK.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just spoke to my dealer who seems to be a pretty helpful and honest guy, and although there’s no hard and fast info on my order, he did say there are only 3 orders on their books in front of mine and the earliest was ordered on the 3rd Feb (mine was the 17th Feb), so seems sensible to wait for a ‘72 reg, even if it arrives in the next couple of weeks.

Only fly in the ointment is that I’ve just had to book my part-ex in for a service and MOT as they both run out at the end of August, along with the tax. So I’ll have to tax it for 6 months and get a refund for what’s not used.

One thing he said which I found interesting is that if anyone cancels an order, they, as dealers cannot sell that car on to just anyone, Kia have to put the order back in the system for the next person with an identical order, thereby stopping anyone from ‘jumping the queue’ with a cancelled order, and could explain why some people seem to be getting orders earlier than expected. It certainly didn’t sound like something he’s just made up, so it’s good (and fair) if that’s the case.

Reactions: Pete74

·
Registered
392 Posts
Only fly in the ointment is that I’ve just had to book my part-ex in for a service and MOT as they both run out at the end of August, along with the tax. So I’ll have to tax it for 6 months and get a refund for what’s not used.
Do the tax monthly by direct debit, its the same price as 6 months but you can just cancel the month you need to and no need to get a refund for the rest.

Reactions: Aerofly
81 - 100 of 136 Posts