Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to start a new thread as at 94 pages the old one is getting outdated information wise & drifting off topic.

So can we keep it to:-
I've ordered a Version on Date
I've received Version on Date after ordering Date

That will give new posters the best chance of seeing where orders & received date are standing.

Thanks for your help on this.

Old thread for anyone who wants to look through.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Plenty of people ordered the same spec still waiting from Feb and even the odd one from Jan if the old thread is to be belived.

Mine was ordered 17th Feb and nothing as of yet where as somoene else with the same spec and order date has been told build date of 1st August. I can only hope mine is being done at the same time but the system hasn't been updated.

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
271 Posts
Yes that was me, still no more news other than the 1st August build date.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah ive got the exact same on order (GT-Line S HEV 2wd in two tone Dark Penta Metal) ordered on 03rd of March. I keep asking the dealer, and he said there's no update on mine but they are coming through a bit quicker now, he did think sometime in July a while back, but I guess that ship has sailed. Who knows - fingers crossed.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage HEV GT Line S Penta Metal (Ordered March 22)
5 Posts
Ordered GT-Line S HEV 2WD Penta Metal in March (22/03) and haven't heard anything yet. Last update was that it should be here sometime in September. Fingers crossed its that or sooner.

·
Registered
(Ordered April 2022) Kia Sportage GT-Line S PHEV - Experience Green
17 Posts
Ordered a PHEV GTLine-S in Experience Green on April 8th. Last update I had (last week) was to adjust to my expectations. No build date yet on the system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Order 8th Feb GT Line S HEV AWD, just had a call from the dealer, still no build date and saying know between august and December eta on delivery, Doubt very much will be august as no build date in the system yet, so maybe a early Xmas present to me 😂😂😂

·
Registered
Ordered 11/2/22 - GT-Line S Experience Green with Black Roof
3 Posts
I order a GT-Line S 2wd Experience Green - black roof on the 11 Feb and I got an update from the dealership last week.
He said nothing showing up on his system yet but I’m third in line ( O Good 🙄 ) - the two customers who ordered before me ( one 2/Feb the other 5/Feb ) have ordered the same car but AWD but absolutely no update on the system 🙈😡

·
Registered
On order GT LINE S HEV AWD EXPERIENCE GREEN BLACK ROOF 10/Feb/22
193 Posts
Order 8th Feb GT Line S HEV AWD, just had a call from the dealer, still no build date and saying know between august and December eta on delivery, Doubt very much will be august as no build date in the system yet, so maybe a early Xmas present to me 😂😂😂
Same for me same spec ordered 11 feb. No build date no eta. Looks like I’ll have to put mine through service and mot. I’ll need new tires new brake pads and disks all round going to cost me an estimated £1050.00 really miffed at that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ordered gt line s HEV lunar silver 14 April, spoke to dealer few weeks ago and told no build date and kia only starting to build. That version in Oct, that doesn't make sense as others are showing theirs has been delivered, when I questioned this, he then said some are starting to come through !! He then changed view and said should be between August and November, it is like welcome to confused.com , and told we will contact you when we have an update, that will be a first as never heard from them till I called into I to the showroom couple of weeks ago, will contact again end of the month and see what answer version I get then, moan over :confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I honestly think anyone from March/April needs to assume at best September.

There’s the odd exception but as I’ve said earlier in the thread, there’s plenty of us from Jan and Feb waiting on build dates. I’ll be shocked to see anything other than a 72 plate on my order

·
Registered
Ordered GT Line S HEV 2WD White and Black on 19/02/22
8 Posts
I ordered GT LINE S HEV 2WD white and black on 19th Feb no build date or estimate other than being told by the dealer I was 4th in their list 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My order is a GT Line S, HEV 2 WD, blue with black roof, ordered 22nd Feb. Phoned the dealer last weekend, still nowt on the system for mine. He did say that the issue with the microchip supply seems to be improving, but no clue as to which specs are being prioritised. Supply chain still saying September to December.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What it seems like to me (could be completely wrong) is that instead of getting a planned build week X weeks ahead, the first the dealer gets to know about it is when it is built and on its way. So it can go from not having a build week, to on its way pretty quick. But who knows!

Reactions: dhb

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ordered a 4 spec HEV on 21st February. Still no build date on system. I'm hoping as you say it's already built and dealer has no idea as that seems to he happening alot!

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
393 Posts
What it seems like to me (could be completely wrong) is that instead of getting a planned build week X weeks ahead, the first the dealer gets to know about it is when it is built and on its way. So it can go from not having a build week, to on its way pretty quick. But who knows!
That does seem to be the way of things.

I think that people are giving their dealers a hard time (rightly so in some cases) when they really dont have anything new to tell people.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That does seem to be the way of things.

I think that people are giving their dealers a hard time (rightly so in some cases) when they really dont have anything new to tell people.
I do struggle with Kia and their dealers not being able to provide any information, they must have a production run rate and a back order book and therefore some idea of delivery dates, they should be able to at least give an estimated date. I would assume that Kia have been working hard to fulfill their back orders and have my fingers crossed, they should up their game in terms of communicating with customers who have placed orders.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I do struggle with Kia and their dealers not being able to provide any information, they must have a production run rate and a back order book and therefore some idea of delivery dates, they should be able to at least give an estimated date. I would assume that Kia have been working hard to fulfill their back orders and have my fingers crossed, they should up their game in terms of communicating with customers who have placed orders.
You have to realise that times are not normal re the supply chain for components etc. This means, I am sure, that production schedules are constantly being rearranged. In other words they have a longer term objective of delivering x by no later than November 2022 for example. Even that depends on all the required component supplies being stable.

Then they are constantly juggling the short term planning due to last minute delays in supply etc. Hopefully you can see from this that the good old days of you being given a build week some time in advance and having an expectation of some date of order queuing system is not likely to happen or even guarantee it would be built on that date anyway.

As far as I understand it at the moment with KIA dealers they get a monthly (?) FORECAST of anticipated delivery windows by model and spec; these windows being months long ( e.g July to November) due to both order books and component supply issues. They should share that with you on request. That info gives you an idea of the best and worst anticiapted delivery date for your car. I doubt the delars have any more info than that until quite close to actual delivery.

Reactions: iooi

·
Super Moderator
10,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They do provide a idea. But covers around 3 months as a rule. (Been covered in old thread) The issue is parts supply. The factory in SlovaKIA also produces Ceed & ProCeed. Many who have been waiting a lot longer than Sportage owners for their cars.
Once dealers get VIN & build date they have a accurate date to be delivered. Prior to that it is guess work.
Remember this factory builds these for the whole of Europe. UK is a tiny part of their production.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts