Kia Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1,561 - 1,580 of 1,877 Posts
Mine was delivered this morning, in total 4 1/2 months so cant complain too much. Have to say what a vehicle, i had seen a demonstrator but had never driven one until this morning and its a great car.much quicker than i thought it would be to be fair. will aim to get some pictures up by the weekend in case anyone wants to see a white one in the wild. anyone have any questions they want answered just let me know.

also anyone know best places to get mats ? As i expected it wasn't supplied with any come from Coventry and delivered to south wales to my door.

Mine was delivered this morning, in total 4 1/2 months so cant complain too much. Have to say what a vehicle, i had seen a demonstrator but had never driven one until this morning and its a great car.much quicker than i thought it would be to be fair. will aim to get some pictures up by the weekend in case anyone wants to see a white one in the wild. anyone have any questions they want answered just let me know.

also anyone know best places to get mats ? As i expected it wasn't supplied with any come from Coventry and delivered to south wales to my door.
Great news! Enjoy. Please post some pics when you're ready I've not seen any white yet.

Are there many people still waiting for their GT Line S HEV order before 19th Feb? I haven't even had a build date yet over the last week I've seen various people getting delivery dates or picking there's up when they have ordered later than me. I understand they are probably building in batches but doesn't quite work out if they are the same model as mine but ordered later.
I ordered about the same time, same spec but in silver. I’ve not seen many coming through with the black roof so wondering if that’s part of it, I know originally they said those would take a few weeks longer than without

also anyone know best places to get mats ?
You could try you local dealer or Kia Accessories online for the "genuine" ones for about £50-60.

Or use an online shop for them - i recommend Car Mats From £18.95 - Tailored UK Car Mats | Carmats4u myself as ive used them for the last 10+ years for all my previous cars. If you go for some of their top mats you get a lifetime warranty on them which ive also used to get replacement drivers mats after a couple of years. Not linked to them at all myself, just a happy customer.

If the carpet (very loose description) is anything like the rest of the Kia range. Mats are a must. As it does not wear well & is really hard to clean.

Quite few 3rd party suppliers, but also kia will do them.

I ordered about the same time, same spec but in silver. I’ve not seen many coming through with the black roof so wondering if that’s part of it, I know originally they said those would take a few weeks longer than without
My GTS PHEV silver 2 tone is in the country, just waiting on a delivery date.
I’ve seen all the other colours so hoping that the silver is as good looking.

I understand that people are upset over the additional tax when a cars list price goes over £40k, but in the overall scheme of the costs of a £40k car is £300 a year really so much? Its an additional £25/month on top of the finance, insurance etc.

I geniuenly dont understand why people are so angry over it in general, i do understand about price increases between order and delivery thats a different matter but its likely 5-6% increase if you look at it monthly.

Is it because its a "tax"?
No it's because when I ordered the car was under the threshold never expected a price increase before delivery, had I known my focus would have been on a car already over the threshold.

In fact if I test drive a Mazda cx60 Phev before I get my Kia and like it then my order is cancelled.

It will tow my 1635kg caravan and give me over 300bhp..

My PHEV AWD GT-line (top spec equiv. to GT-line S in UK) is delivered on Friday, will be deluxe white with black roof. I waited only 2 weeks in Switzerland (but I feel very guilty having read through the wait times on this thread from you guys in the UK). Good luck to everyone hope you get some good news soon.

Reactions: DavidMS and Belamba
I’m the same as you folks, 17th Feb. Green with black roof.

In a cruel twist of fate, I got back from holiday to see one of the neighbours has had the exact car delivered! I now have to look at it almost every time I walk past a window..
But look at it this way, when you do get it, at least you can live in the knowledge that it will always be younger than his ! 😂

Reactions: Belamba
Yet the overweight expensive full electric PAY NOWT! 😕

Just had phone call from salesman with update, “ no update “ , ordered HEV GT line S. end of March, still looking at Q4 , Oct - Dec . He says the first update they get is build date and it’s then approx 8 weeks till it gets to dealership. So enjoy all you are getting yours, the rest of us will have to keep waiting and watching.

My leasing company has come back to me and said my GTS HEV 2wd red+black wouldn't be delivered till the new year and that they couldn't guarantee the price after December. Had a choice of paying and extra £80 a month or swapping to Penta Grey with a est. delivery in September. Not sure if this is usual or if theyve messed up the initial order somehow.

My leasing company has come back to me and said my GTS HEV 2wd red+black wouldn't be delivered till the new year and that they couldn't guarantee the price after December. Had a choice of paying and extra £80 a month or swapping to Penta Grey with a est. delivery in September. Not sure if this is usual or if theyve messed up the initial order somehow.
Absolutely sounds like they’ve messed up. Only difference to me is that you ordered a week beforehand but have the black roof, yet I’m apparently due for a delivery late July/early august.
I’d firmly insist on them confirming when they actually placed the order with a dealer, as that is the date that counts with Kia.

Do you not have a signed contract with them? I would imagine that you couldnt just phone them up and knock £80/month off because they couldnt deliver the car by a certain date.

1,561 - 1,580 of 1,877 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.