Kia Owners Club Forum banner
1441 - 1460 of 1637 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very good points. A dealer I spoke to said they would keep them until September as a matter of course if it was getting close but it may not be a desirable option for everyone!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think whether or not they can do it might also come down to how your sourcing it. I would imagine a lease company wouldnt care or wait, but if you were making a personal purchase there is literally zero reason they can't wait so if they won't its their choice - and i have heard of enough experiences to show that most dealers will happily wait for the new reg for people.
Yep. Mine's a private purchase via a dealer. I was originally told March (now possibly earlier), but he said at the point of ordering that if it arrived pre-March he'd be happy to sit on it for as long as needed and register it on March 1st if that's what I wanted to do.

·
Registered
On 2nd July I collected my 2022 Sportage GT Line HEV 2WD in Flame Blue
160 Posts
Yep. Mine's a private purchase via a dealer. I was originally told March (now possibly earlier), but he said at the point of ordering that if it arrived pre-March he'd be happy to sit on it for as long as needed and register it on March 1st if that's what I wanted to do.
I agree, if my car arrives in August, I would rather they registered it on 1st Sept to get the 72 plate.

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
202 Posts
One thing you have to take into account is that the longer you wait for the registration, the more the possibility of another price rise which could take you into the ‘luxury’ tax bracket, as the liability for the higher tax is dependant on the manufacturers list price at first registration.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
It won't make your vehicle anymore valuable by waiting for the latest "keeping up with the Jones,s' registration date it will still only be a 2022 model... you bang on about how long you're having to wait for your vehicle,take it and enjoy it, the time you wait will be history in no time

·
Registered
160 Posts
It won't make your vehicle anymore valuable by waiting for the latest "keeping up with the Jones,s' registration date it will still only be a 2022 model... you bang on about how long you're having to wait for your vehicle,take it and enjoy it, the time you wait will be history in no time
I do agree but if I have been waiting nearly 6 months for my car, I can wait another couple of weeks to get it registered. I know the car is a 2022 model but nearer the time would prefer to get the 72 plate than the 22 plate, looks a bit newer then 😃😃

·
Registered
On order GT LINE S HEV AWD EXPERIENCE GREEN BLACK ROOF 10/Feb/22
131 Posts
True it will still be a 2022 model but in the future if you want to PX. It’s classed as a 2023 model. I know because my Niro is a 2016 model but all PX sites like Parker’s etc class it as a 2017 model because it’s a September registration and so the value is greater.

·
Registered
160 Posts
True it will still be a 2022 model but in the future if you want to PX. It’s classed as a 2023 model. I know because my Niro is a 2016 model but all PX sites like Parker’s etc class it as a 2017 model because it’s a September registration and so the value is greater.
That's interesting to know. That is maybe the reason why I am getting a good PX price on my 2019 Sportage as that was registered from new in September.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's interesting to know. That is maybe the reason why I am getting a good PX price on my 2019 Sportage as that was registered from new in September.
Download the carwow app and use the camera icon to scan your plate and it should say 2020 model if first registered in September and give you a very accurate PX value as well. Always nice to know. Scan your plate on the 1st of every month and you can tell if your PX value is going up or down monthly.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That has a lot riding on that statement due to miles,model, condition and quite possibly the dealer may have someone waiting for your vehicle, I actually gained £780 more on px for my 2019 model on my deal firstly by accepting a cancelled order and the dealer getting it in 6 weeks from order instead of what would have been who knows when delivery, and of course less miles on the clock.... incidentally I saw my old 2019 Sportage 1.6 crdi dct auto on the dealers forecourt was on sale after px for £19995.00, at 2 years and 10 months old,26500k miles, now 2 months later is on for £19495 a drop of £500!! Diesels are coming cheaper to buy now if anyone wants one that is;);)

·
Registered
131 Posts
That has a lot riding on that statement due to miles,model, condition and quite possibly the dealer may have someone waiting for your vehicle, I actually gained £780 more on px for my 2019 model on my deal firstly by accepting a cancelled order and the dealer getting it in 6 weeks from order instead of what would have been who knows when delivery, and of course less miles on the clock.... incidentally I saw my old 2019 Sportage 1.6 crdi dct auto on the dealers forecourt was on sale after px for £19995.00, at 2 years and 10 months old,26500k miles, now 2 months later is on for £19495 a drop of £500!! Diesels are coming cheaper to buy now if anyone wants one that is;);)
It will give you a good idea what you should be getting as it shows an upper and lower limit.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Got an email from my salesperson today. This is her message:

“I hope you and the family are well!

At the moment no further update with kia regarding your New Sportage, we hope to have more information in the next month and we will keep you updated accordingly.

Best wishes”

I did say I thought the PHEVs seemed to be coming through. I will forward any response.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Jiust to add a little positivity to this thread. Over on FB there are more and more Happy New Car days each day right now. Apart from the odd 'outlier' coming in quicker than expected it looks like Feb/March orders are arriving quite steadily.
I am still working with 20-26 weeks from order for mine.

Reactions: Newbie to Kia

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
It will give you a good idea what you should be getting as it shows an upper and lower limit.
Dealer prices for my 2019 Sportage 1.6 crdi dct auto January 2022 £17700 (carwow)to £18700(dealer) same vehicle in April 2022 £17500 (dealer on px) but I did have £1500 worth of extras on top,I never went back to carwow as they underprice and knock off money for the minutest mark,yet some stupid dealers look to them as a price guide so they can match them for cheapness and sell your px for a bigger profit,and of course that is the reason why they are in the business they are in I guess..to make money

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dealer prices for my 2019 Sportage 1.6 crdi dct auto January 2022 £17700 (carwow)to £18700(dealer) same vehicle in April 2022 £17500 (dealer on px) but I did have £1500 worth of extras on top,I never went back to carwow as they underprice and knock off money for the minutest mark,yet some stupid dealers look to them as a price guide so they can match them for cheapness and sell your px for a bigger profit,and of course that is the reason why they are in the business they are in I guess..to make money
Totally with you there What I meant was just use the carwow camera icon to scan your plate for a good idea of what you can ask for but always ask for more. Don’t put your car details in it as if you want to sell as that usually comes back lower than the valuation.

·
Registered
131 Posts
What annoys me at the moment is Kia launching a brand new hybrid and electric Niro when they should have delayed the launch until they could build our new sportages and not use all the chips etc on a new launch. They delayed the new sportage by a year because the top dog didn’t like the design and it needed to be tweaked so come on Kia supply the cars we have on order first before promising another new car you can’t supply.

1441 - 1460 of 1637 Posts