Kia Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1421 - 1440 of 1877 Posts

·
Registered
On 2nd July I collected my 2022 Sportage GT Line HEV 2WD in Flame Blue
199 Posts
That pretty much tallies up with my situation as i ordered 28th Jan and delivery confirmed for tomorrow so may be use these order dates as a guide?
Appreciate the updates. As I ordered mine on the 28th Feb, I should be getting mine next month then? 🤔🤔

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fingers crossed. All i can say is that i was expecting worst case november and then out of the blue I get contacted to say its being delivered to dealership and then a few days later i get told to book a delivery date so it was very much sudden.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 22 Gdi GT Line S PHEV AWD, Lunar Silver/Black roof ordered 22/03
2 Posts
Just got back from my dealer and our early April order of a PHEV GT Line S is now showing delivery by 30/07/2022.

Not got a Vin assigned yet but dealer is pretty confident of of a end of July date. He was saying they are starting to see a constant influx of delivery’s now.

fingers crossed.
I’d probably check this with your dealer again as I order GT Line S PHEV mid March and just been advised today October now

·
Registered
On 2nd July I collected my 2022 Sportage GT Line HEV 2WD in Flame Blue
199 Posts
I’d probably check this with your dealer again as I order GT Line S PHEV mid March and just been advised today October now
I agree to check with your dealer again. When I asked my dealer last month if I would receive the car in July, he said very unlikely and I ordered mine in Feb.
I still think it is very random on the delivery times.

·
Registered
On order GT LINE S HEV AWD EXPERIENCE GREEN BLACK ROOF 10/Feb/22
207 Posts
I look forward to the day somebody says they’ve had a 2 tone GT S HEV AWD delivered. I’ll really get my hopes up then 😁😁

·
Registered
8 Posts
I look forward to the day somebody says they’ve had a 2 tone GT S HEV AWD delivered. I’ll really get my hopes up then 😁😁
Saw a green one going in opposite direction near Yeovil yesterday. Couldn’t make out if it had a black, or panoramic roof.
As you have said - have there been any pano roof two tones delivered other than demonstrators??

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
412 Posts
I ordered my PHEV in early April and my delivery was late August, and it's just moved to late September.

·
Registered
2022 KIA SPORTAGE GTLine S 1.6T HEV AWD Experience Green/Black
497 Posts
Got mine last month but ordered December 2021

·
Registered
GT Line S PHEV Lunar Silver 2tone ordered 12th February
26 Posts
Saw a green one going in opposite direction near Yeovil yesterday. Couldn’t make out if it had a black, or panoramic roof.
As you have said - have there been any pano roof two tones delivered other than demonstrators??
Mine is currently on a ship near Immingham.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 22 Gdi GT Line S PHEV AWD, Lunar Silver/Black roof ordered 22/03
2 Posts
I ordered my PHEV in early April and my delivery was late August, and it's just moved to late September.
This what I don’t understand in how these are being built - I totally see the sense in building in batches but matching models aren’t being built in order

·
Registered
37 Posts
Reactions: jcapari

·
Registered
Sportage 2022 4 spec PHEV
25 Posts
Same news as others seem to be receiving really but Kia have advised a late Q3 early Q4 build date for my car. Seems to be a running theme across the forum, so it’s just sit tight and sooner or later a car will appear.

·
Registered
On order GT LINE S HEV AWD EXPERIENCE GREEN BLACK ROOF 10/Feb/22
207 Posts
Not seen a single one yet. Apart from the demonstrators

·
Registered
Sportage 2022 4 spec PHEV
25 Posts

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
278 Posts
From all of the information (or lack of) coming from both Kia UK and the dealers, it seems to me that their current production methods and timescales are wholly reliant on the parts required for each model’s build line arriving from various external suppliers, and because of the present problems in supplying these parts, each model is entering the build line as and when the parts are becoming available.
This is probably one of the main reasons why the models seem to be arriving with no obvious relation to the order dates, and why some higher end models with more complicated builds and components are taking longer to materialise.

This situation, if I’m correct in my assumptions, and I see no reason to suspect otherwise, is just an unfortunate consequence of the current worldwide problems that we have at the moment eg. computer chips and the Ukraine situation.

However, it’s also no excuse for not keeping us, the paying customers, fully aware of what’s going on!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just had a call - car is looking at August delivery now. On one hand I’m looking forward to it and on the other I wish it could just hold on another couple of weeks for September Plate

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just had a call - car is looking at August delivery now. On one hand I’m looking forward to it and on the other I wish it could just hold on another couple of weeks for September Plate
That’s a good point, how late into August would you go before asking the dealer to keep it until September?

·
Registered
12 Posts
That’s a good point, how late into August would you go before asking the dealer to keep it until September?
Well he told me mid August so that’s about 2 weeks left of August, I did ask about keeping the car and registering it after those 2 weeks but he said that they can’t do that unfortunately

Reactions: N1ge

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
412 Posts
I think whether or not they can do it might also come down to how your sourcing it. I would imagine a lease company wouldnt care or wait, but if you were making a personal purchase there is literally zero reason they can't wait so if they won't its their choice - and i have heard of enough experiences to show that most dealers will happily wait for the new reg for people.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi just a word keep an eye on when prices go up again if car goes above 40000 more ved even if garage would keep car and register in september might or might not be worth it depending which car you have on order , just a thought.

1421 - 1440 of 1877 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.