Kia Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 1877 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,567 Posts
From what I understand, Kia don't rely on parts made in Russia or Ukraine.
I would say will depend on where car is made.
Kia have a big plant in Slovakia. Of which the Sportage was one of the cars produced. Which borders Ukraine & is less than 6 hours from the border.

This seems to confirm production of New Sportage is Slovakia 🤣

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
From what I understand, Kia don't rely on parts made in Russia or Ukraine.
Really? i know the new Sportage is made in Slovakia, and surely they must depend on parts from other countries, Russia and Ukraine included

·
Registered
on order GTs hybrid 4wd
433 Posts
I would say will depend on where car is made.
Kia have a big plant in Slovakia. Of which the Sportage was one of the cars produced. Which borders Ukraine & is less than 6 hours from the border.

This seems to confirm production of New Sportage is Slovakia 🤣

I make it two hours using Google maps.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You only need to read the REPORT i tagged to see that there are car parts made in Ukraine and Russia are used in Hyundai car making, Hyundai are part of KIA so can only say KIA will be affected by a shortage of parts availability, mainly software and microchips used in ECU`s

I must add this problem will affect all KIA and Hyundai models across the board

"The Korea Herald reports that Hyundai will temporarily close a factory in St Petersburg, Russia, from March 1-5. This is reportedly a result of the ongoing microchip shortage, not Russia’s invasion of Ukraine"

As reported by Automotive News Europe, the German firm has stopped production this week at factories in Dresden and Zwickau citing delivery issues with electrical cables produced in Ukraine. This currently affects the production of VW ID3, ID4 and Cupra Born electric cars.

Ukrainian firm Leonio AG produces amongst other electrical items electrical wiring harness systems for several European car manufacturers. The closure of its two factories in Ukraine could result in further delays for additional carmakers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My order form states ordered 20 Dec 2021 with estimated delivery 30th June 2022? The salesman said at the time that anytime earlier would be a bonus. How true and this was before Putin's aggression.

·
Registered
2022 KIA SPORTAGE GTLine S 1.6T HEV AWD Experience Green/Black
497 Posts
That was for a Sportage 1.6T GDI HEV GTS AUTO AWD In EXPERIENC GREEN with BLACK ROOF

PS don't know how but it looks like I have inadvertently created two profiles?? JCAPARI being my original one ? OLD AGE not nice lol

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Update:

Dealer informs me the car is due on 17th March, current status of the car is 'Compound' Hope that is in UK.
Yes means car has passed PDI at the docks ready to transport to dealer

Reactions: Sam121

·
Super Moderator
3,817 Posts
We've just been to our dealership and they have just taken delivery of a EV6, four Sportages and two cars I could not identify. If they have been PDI'd then frankly I would prefer the dealer did it. I'm no expert but they all looked like GT-Line models (grey wheels).
I did note they Sportages were all labelled from Zilina to Immingham.

101 - 120 of 1877 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.