Kia Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1161 - 1180 of 1877 Posts

·
Registered
On order (17th Feb): 2022 Sportage GT-Line S HEV in Penta Grey with black roof.
278 Posts
Just had a call from the dealership, finally my GT line S 2WD is being built. Ordered on 18 February in red with black roof and hopefully due on 25 June. It’s certainly cheered me up and no doubt will give hope for anyone who ordered around that time. Fingers crossed.
Good luck everyone, I’ll keep you posted.
Ted
That’s great news👍 So hopefully my GT line S 2WD won’t be too far behind as I ordered the day before you!

·
Registered
On 2nd July I collected my 2022 Sportage GT Line HEV 2WD in Flame Blue
199 Posts
Just had a call from the dealership, finally my GT line S 2WD is being built. Ordered on 18 February in red with black roof and hopefully due on 25 June. It’s certainly cheered me up and no doubt will give hope for anyone who ordered around that time. Fingers crossed.
Ted
That is good news for you. My dealer ordered my GT Line 2WD on the 28th Feb. I have ordered the blue. Fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The price on these has gone up today to £41,995!
Where are you getting this price from? I've ordered a GT Line S 4WD HEV in one colour (Infra Red), purposely to avoid the punitive luxury VED rate on 4th April. If I'd picked any other colour it would have pushed it into the "luxury" tax bracket. I've just looked at the Kia website and the price is still £40,255 OTR.

The price on these has gone up today to £41,995!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Where are you getting this price from? I've ordered a GT Line S 4WD HEV in one colour (Infra Red), purposely to avoid the punitive luxury VED rate on 4th April. If I'd picked any other colour it would have pushed it into the "luxury" tax bracket. I've just looked at the Kia website and the price is still £40,255 OTR.
These are listed on Gravells website under used cars. I’m pretty sure they are just trying it on because they told me they can’t sell them as they are their only demo vehicles. I guess they would sell for the right price!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow ! On a separate issue I notice you say you have no ETA for the car you ordered on same day as me - does your paperwork state a date somewhere as mine does (I had to look to find it though) ?
I only have an email confirming the spec, I’ll ask them about getting a copy of the order form. Thanks for the info.

·
Super Moderator
10,566 Posts
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Super Moderator
10,566 Posts
I went through this with a dealer and they advised it’s the List Price and not the OTR price that counts toward higher first year VED if that helps. A small difference but put one car just below the higher VED for first year at least.
That's what it says. List Price, which will include VAT

May Price list.
file:///C:/Users/iooiu/Downloads/20207-KiaPriceList-May2022.pdf.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's what it says. List Price, which will include VAT

May Price list.
file:///C:/Users/iooiu/Downloads/20207-KiaPriceList-May2022.pdf.
Just to clarify for VED purposes. The list price of a car is the manufacturers price of the base car, plus any optional extras, plus VAT and delivery charges. The OTR only adds first year VED + DVLA first registration fee of £55.
So, the Sportage GT Line S 4wd HEV, OTR price of £40,255 with no options added equates to £39980 list price for VED purposes ( £40255 - £220 first year VED - £55 first registration fee). Hope this helps anyone thinking of ordering this model and thinking of chosing any colour other than the no extra cost standard Infra Red. Pick any other colour and you'll get hit an additional £355 per year for road tax from year 2 onwards. Choose wisely folks!

·
Super Moderator
10,566 Posts
Choose wisely folks!

Thanks & pray that they do not up the price. (y)

Can I also ask people that have a Sportage on order to add the version they have ordered as per my sig. Stops people asking which model people have ordered.
Have asked this before, but clearly people post having skipped many pages & who would plough through 59 pages 🤪

As per @LindyB

Just helps other users. (y)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just to clarify for VED purposes. The list price of a car is the manufacturers price of the base car, plus any optional extras, plus VAT and delivery charges. The OTR only adds first year VED + DVLA first registration fee of £55.
So, the Sportage GT Line S 4wd HEV, OTR price of £40,255 with no options added equates to £39980 list price for VED purposes ( £40255 - £220 first year VED - £55 first registration fee). Hope this helps anyone thinking of ordering this model and thinking of chosing any colour other than the no extra cost standard Infra Red. Pick any other colour and you'll get hit an additional £355 per year for road tax from year 2 onwards. Choose wisely folks!
Thanks. I think OTR adds in delivery cost too - it’s not in the List Price.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ted
Mine was ordered the same day, fingers crossed for news soon!

·
Registered
2022 KIA SPORTAGE GTLine S 1.6T HEV AWD Experience Green/Black
497 Posts
Font Technology Electric blue Paper Advertising

Posted earlier and if it helps.

GTline S AWD AUTO HEV with Experience Green/ Black two tone option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. I think OTR adds in delivery cost too - it’s not in
Thanks. I think OTR adds in delivery cost too - it’s not in the List Price.
You are correct in that delivery costs are added onto the OTR price.. But as I said for VED liability the "list price" that the government uses adds on the delivery charge, To ascertain if a vehicle is liable for the extra £355 tax, simply take the OTR price of any vehicle and subtract the cost of first year VED plus £55 (first registration fee).

1161 - 1180 of 1877 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.