Kia Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
861 - 880 of 1877 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,565 Posts
Update as of today: My car is in the country and tentatively showing a date at the end of this week, so hopefully if not this week, it should reach next week. Any idea how long it takes once it reaches the country? Also, when is the right time to initiate the insurance, accessories, Finance etc. My dealer says he will let me know once he has a date so I can initiate all of these, is that enough time?
Any accessories should have been sorted at time of order, or you could be in for a delay on these.
Finance, assuming you mean PCP via dealer then they will sort that when you go in.
Insurance, once you have a date for pickup contact your ins co & tell them.

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
77 Posts
Any accessories should have been sorted at time of order, or you could be in for a delay on these.
Finance, assuming you mean PCP via dealer then they will sort that when you go in.
Insurance, once you have a date for pickup contact your ins co & tell them.
Thanks, by accessories, I am referring to the mats, boot liner etc. which I havent discussed yet with the dealer. And the Kia care package.

·
Registered
Sportage MK5'22 4 HEV
77 Posts
I've always brought that up when ordering car. At least you have some bargaining power to get then free or discounted. (y)
Ok, I am assuming any further freebies would be difficult as I got around 1500 off on the price of the car. And since I went through Carwow, it showed the dealer would add in mats and fuel worth 20£ if I pickup personally or will deliver upto 50miles for free. Need to reconfirm these though as order was placed in Jan.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went in to my dealer last week as I intend on getting a GT Line PHEV as my next company car and the dealer told me best guess for orders placed now is delivery at end of the year.
Hi there, to be honest this dealer is leading you up the garden path [ Go to another dealer !!!! ] I ordered mine 15th Feb 22, Top spec AWD PHEV . I've rang six other dealers around my area in the North West and only three of them quoted the same the others just plucked a time out of the sky and added a bit on. If you read on here what others are saying it matches the three dealers what I spoke to. Some of these dealers are really poor !!!!!! Best Regards Jack

·
Registered
2022 KIA SPORTAGE GTLine S 1.6T HEV AWD Experience Green/Black
497 Posts
What do you mean by 'all docs done including reg document'? Does this mean you already have a reg no which you can use, for example, to get your insurance? How do you get this? My dealer just checked the system when I called him in the morning and told me the car is in the country, not sure since when it has been in the country. Is there anything else I need to ask the dealer?
I have the vehicle registration document, The vehicle was registered in my name on the 29th April 2022 with my personal registration and even on the MY KIA app it is shown as mine. As for insurance as soon as I go to collect it I will update my insurance. All this was started as soon as the dealer received the vin number on my order. I have been constantly updated by my dealer DRAYTON MOTORS of BOSTON since day one and can't fault them.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Which model did you order Liam I ordered:
[ Kia Sportage:GT-Line S 1.6 T 6 Speed Auto PHEV Plug-In AWD] on the 15th Feb 22 the dealer hasn't even contact us, poor service really, we've had the odd call back only when we've chased them, poor service.........
Hardly poor service...frustrated buyer i expect, the salesman thinks he probably has a poor customer cos he doesn`t ring once a week to ask for a progress report, works both ways IMO,

I rang mine every 2nd Monday after ordering until i was told when it was arriving...I have had mine a month now and it seems like a lifetime ago

·
Super Moderator
10,565 Posts
That is one of the mysteries of life.
Who knows what will happen.
Friend who has a Motability car & has extended it for the last 2 years. Ford Kuga. Has gone for a Nissan Qashqai. Due to delays & the upfront costs. Need to find out what the delivery is on that.
Just spoken to my friend & they have been advised by dealer 6 to 8 months for delivery. With a passing comment hopefully by the end of the year 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
GT-Line S PHEV Dark Penta Metal (Ordered 11/03/22. Delivered 25/07/22.
53 Posts
I have the vehicle registration document, The vehicle was registered in my name on the 29th April 2022 with my personal registration and even on the MY KIA app it is shown as mine. As for insurance as soon as I go to collect it I will update my insurance. All this was started as soon as the dealer received the vin number on my order. I have been constantly updated by my dealer DRAYTON MOTORS of BOSTON since day one and can't fault them.
I have to say that I’ve never heard of anything so ridiculous! Personally I’d be fuming if a car was registered 2 weeks before handover. I‘ve had quite a few new cars over the years and they’ve always been registered on collection day or the day before. Does it mean that the clocks already ticking on warranty and the like? It’ll need its first service before you get it :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just spoken to my friend & they have been advised by dealer 6 to 8 months for delivery. With a passing comment hopefully by the end of the year 🤷‍♂️
Finally got a test drive at the weekend, very nice it was too! Now talking with a few dealers to see what they can offer before placing an order. They're all currently saying delivery will be in Q1 2023, one said the end of the quarter being more likely.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone know roughly how long it takes from day of order to a build date.
I ordered mid-April and haven’t heard anything from my dealer and I’m reluctant to ring him.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I ordered mid-April and haven’t heard anything from my dealer and I’m reluctant to ring him.
hard to say but you’ll be nowhere close at the moment. Plenty of us on here ordered in Jan or Feb and don’t yet have a build slot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've just spoke to the dealer this morning ref our order: on 15th Feb 22
Kia Sportage:GT-Line S 1.6 T 6 Speed Auto PHEV Plug-In AWD
He is saying this is from Kia orders placed Dec21 - April 22 they will arrive May 22- Aug 22. I'm into 14 weeks now it sounds like mine should be here 1st / 2nd wk June 22 fingers crossed. Hope this helps ........

·
Registered
12 Posts
hard to say but you’ll be nowhere close at the moment. Plenty of us on here ordered in Jan or Feb and don’t yet have a build slot.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking, I was told at the time of ordering I should get my car in September but reading around I think it will be a bit longer than first thought

Reactions: Newbie to Kia

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've just spoke to the dealer this morning ref our order: on 15th Feb 22
Kia Sportage:GT-Line S 1.6 T 6 Speed Auto PHEV Plug-In AWD
He is saying this is from Kia orders placed Dec21 - April 22 they will arrive May 22- Aug 22. I'm into 14 weeks now it sounds like mine should be here 1st / 2nd wk June 22 fingers crossed. Hope this helps ........
It does help thank you so I’m looking at end of August roughly which is totally fine with me. Thanks again

·
Registered
130 Posts
It does help thank you so I’m looking at end of August roughly which is totally fine with me. Thanks again
Maybe I am wrong but following this forum for a few weeks now and a few of us think the PHEVs that were ordered same time as HEVs will come first - how the factory is set up to run ?

·
Registered
On 2nd July I collected my 2022 Sportage GT Line HEV 2WD in Flame Blue
199 Posts
So you only ordered your car a few weeks ago. I hate to say this but you probably will not get your car until the end of the year. I ordered mine in Feb and there is still no update for mine yet. My Kia dealer is hoping June/July time. I am going to chase him up again at the end of May as hoping he will have more info by then.
I wouldn't mind but I was given 8 weeks delivery when placing the order. The dealers must have had an idea at that time of the delivery delays

·
Registered
12 Posts
So you only ordered your car a few weeks ago. I hate to say this but you probably will not get your car until the end of the year. I ordered mine in Feb and there is still no update for mine yet. My Kia dealer is hoping June/July time. I am going to chase him up again at the end of May as hoping he will have more info by then.
I wouldn't mind but I was given 8 weeks delivery when placing the order. The dealers must have had an idea at that time of the delivery delays
That’s my fear, although when I first ordered the dealer told me I was looking at an 8-10 week wait but then rang me back about 30 minutes later stating that he got it wrong and the system actually said a 20-25 week wait taking it to mid-September early August but was hopefully of earlie. So I actually have no idea.

·
Registered
On 2nd July I collected my 2022 Sportage GT Line HEV 2WD in Flame Blue
199 Posts
That’s my fear, although when I first ordered the dealer told me I was looking at an 8-10 week wait but then rang me back about 30 minutes later stating that he got it wrong and the system actually said a 20-25 week wait taking it to mid-September early August but was hopefully of earlie. So I actually have no idea.
I think all dealers gave a 6-8 weeks delivery time. If they told us it would be 6 months, people may have not gone through with their orders, so Kia get more orders that way of giving us a shorter delivery time ......

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
412 Posts
I think you can ignore most dealers expected delivery times, especially if they quote 6-8 weeks.

There has been lots of info on this forum from members reports on what there dealers have said, but someone actually posted a copy of the delivery notice that Kia supply to the dealers a few weeks ago - I have taken what was contained in that as the truth - no dealer trying to make me feel better and massage the dates!

This was from early April but it will likely not have got any better:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Material property Parallel

861 - 880 of 1877 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.