Kia Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
721 - 740 of 1877 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, we ordered a new 2022 Sportage 1.6 GT line petrol model back in December and we're told it would be delivered Feb/Mar time. We have been chasing the dealer for confirmation of delivery date but they keep telling us they still don't have any information. I'm seeing a lot of people on here who ordered around the same time saying they will be collecting theirs first week of March so it feels odd that we still have no idea? We currently have a lease car which we need to give back and don't want to be paying for two...does anyone know how we can get a proper answer?
Hi,ordered Fusion white Sportage model 3 mild hybrid ,7speed auto on Feb 9 ,22 initially told delivery mid April now end of may,but don't think it will arrive then seems many problems at Kia,Michael

·
Registered
2022 KIA SPORTAGE GTLine S 1.6T HEV AWD Experience Green/Black
497 Posts
Reactions: xtrailman

·
Registered
On 2nd July I collected my 2022 Sportage GT Line HEV 2WD in Flame Blue
199 Posts
Hi, I ordered on 9 of February 2022,told at the time 8 weeks delivery ,now told end of May,so will soon know ,
Mine was ordered on the 28th Feb, was originally told end April and then it was June/July. November hasn't been mentioned yet as some people have been told. As I keep chasing my dealer, will wait again to chase in June, hopefully he will have more of an idea then.

·
Registered
Order Sportage GT Line S Petrol HVE FWD Penta & Black roof 11th April 22
35 Posts
Communication Device Mobile device Portable communications device Gadget Font
When they said they will deliver a Sportage GT Line S HVE penta with black roof in 3-6 months and you know they are lying 😂

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, I ordered on 9 of February 2022,told at the time 8 weeks delivery ,now told end of May,so will soon know ,
Thanks for your reply Michael, we spoke to our dealer yesterday, and it was the salesman who sort our order out. Not impressed at all, this is the chap who keeps saying I'll ring you with regular updates, they never happen we have to ring the, poor poor , If they think they are getting the servicing they'll be lucky not a chance .

·
Registered
13 Posts
There also appears with a problem with Fusion white paint,shortage of it ,when I last spoke to my dealer she said they not any updates when ships dock at Immingham so seems Kia are in a shambles,I am in Blackpool so go in to dealer in 3 weeks to chat again ,

·
Registered
On 2nd July I collected my 2022 Sportage GT Line HEV 2WD in Flame Blue
199 Posts
Its just like [ Billys Weekly Liar ] I've had similar off these people, and the dealers, I barely believe a word any of them say now...............
All I keep being told is, it will be worth the wait ...... But by the end of the year, that is a long wait.

·
Registered
2022 Sportage GT-Line 1.6T GDi ISG (Infra Red)
36 Posts
If it helps shed some light on the info dealers do/don't have (or at least when I collected my car):

• My dealer showed me the screen multiple times and there was absolutely nothing about my vehicle until it landed in Immingham, at which point it was in compound.
  • Prior to this, there was no VIN or anything for my vehicle, no build status, nothing at all.
  • At the point of landing, the dates were posted for when it arrived, when it would go in and out of the workshop there, and when it would be delivered.
  • These dates never changed after that point. My car was delivered a week late but the delivery date on the system did not change, and the status just said in compound and didn't update to say whether it had been through the workshop or anything.

The dealer also showed me all the other orders, hiding the personal info, but showed that until they arrive in the compound most don't even have an estimated arrival there.

The system is built with the capability of showing the dates and the status but it seems like Kia are just updating it once when they land at Immingham and that's it! It definitely is far from a live update.

So it's highly likely you'll just be quoted random estimates from Kia until it's here. Not all dealers will show you the actual screen, probably for GDPR if nothing else, but believe me they are really quite in the dark.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If it helps shed some light on the info dealers do/don't have (or at least when I collected my car):

• My dealer showed me the screen multiple times and there was absolutely nothing about my vehicle until it landed in Immingham, at which point it was in compound.
  • Prior to this, there was no VIN or anything for my vehicle, no build status, nothing at all.
  • At the point of landing, the dates were posted for when it arrived, when it would go in and out of the workshop there, and when it would be delivered.
  • These dates never changed after that point. My car was delivered a week late but the delivery date on the system did not change, and the status just said in compound and didn't update to say whether it had been through the workshop or anything.

The dealer also showed me all the other orders, hiding the personal info, but showed that until they arrive in the compound most don't even have an estimated arrival there.

The system is built with the capability of showing the dates and the status but it seems like Kia are just updating it once when they land at Immingham and that's it! It definitely is far from a live update.

So it's highly likely you'll just be quoted random estimates from Kia until it's here. Not all dealers will show you the actual screen, probably for GDPR if nothing else, but believe me they are really quite in the dark.
Thanks so much for this, its shed some light on to the situation, its just that we are down to a one car family at the moment until this new one appears, its causing all sorts of problems, with us having a member of the family dangerously ill at the moment. I spoke to a dealer in Sheffield this last week and a customer of his had ordered a Sportage Plug-In full spec on 1st Feb 22 and they have had notice from Kia it will be delivered 1st / 2nd week of May this year. So that was a bit of hope when we heard this. We orders ours on the 15th Feb 22 and the lead time on that was 12 / 14 weeks which is about right for [ May ] . But thanks again for the info interesting to say the least Best Regards Jack

·
Super Moderator
10,567 Posts
This has been asked before.
But to reiterate. So many posts asking when did people order, making this tread hard to follow as people not reading back.

So polite request.
Can you add. What you have ordered, when you ordered to your signature
This will help other posters no end & make the thread a whole lot easier to follow. (y)

How to do this is in my Signature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just had this update come through from my lease company. Ordered 4 spec on the 21st Feb
Mind me asking what lease company that is, ordered mine with nationwide on Jan 24th and haven't had any sort of update, rang through a few times and they didn't really have any idea, frustrating part of this whole process is everyones getting better information and estimates from an owners forum rather than directly from kia.

·
Registered
On Order: Sportage GT Line S PHEV in Infra Red
412 Posts
It's embrace leasing but they use Arval
My order is through Arval as well, and the supplying dealer is Brindley Kia.

They told me late August for my PHEV order, so that falls in line with your update too.

Reactions: iooi
721 - 740 of 1877 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.